Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Character Interview Blog Hop: Meet Dougray Fitzpatrick, Lord of Dunhaven @KMNbooks #timetravel


Sir Dougray Fitzpatrick, Lord of Dunhaven is one of my favorite heroes. Probably because he was my 'first'. First hero that is, who spoke the loudest and pushed me to pen his tale.
All my heroes worm their way into my heart as they fall in love with my heroines, but Dougray has a special place there and he’s here today for an interview. Hopefully he’ll charm you into falling in love with him, too.
KAREN: What is Lost in the Mist of Time about?
DOUGRAY: Time Travel. Petty feuds, conspiracies and threats plague my people of Dunhaven, but these are the least of my problems when a magical mist tossed me into the future. Neala, the old woman of the glen, foresaw this and warned me not to tarry, and I did not, but the fool woman I met there followed me back to my time. What else could I do? You probably already guessed, and I am sure you are most correct. I brought her home with me.
KAREN: What did you think the first time you saw the heroine, Aislinn Hennessy?

DOUGRAY: Beautiful and strong, but entirely too bold and outspoken for my taste.

KAREN: What was your second thought?

DOUGRAY: The longer I spent time with her the more I found the headstrong lass to my liking. Not even magical mists will keep me from having her. Her lovely lips may say ‘no’ to my advances, but winning her trust and her heart is a challenge I cannot refuse.




KAREN: Where is Dunhaven and what do you do there? Or should I say when was Dunhaven known for its grandness
DOUGRAY: Dunhaven is in Ireland and I am the Lord of Dunhaven. I take my job seriously and will do my best to keep all who reside there safe. Sadly, Dunhaven no longer stands strong and true, but in the 16th century no forces could break through her defenses.
KAREN: What do you like most about Aislinn?

DOUGRAY: Her courage, strength and her kind heart. The lass takes the weak and encourages them to do grand feats. I am in awe of the woman’s ability to find goodness in all. As for courage, even injured, bleeding, and faced with the knowledge someone wants her dead, she does not whimper. No, my fair maiden picks up a sword and fights. Ah…she is truly a worthy woman to have at my side
KAREN: If you could change one thing about her, what would it be?

DOUGRAY: Change her? I would not. She is perfect the way she is.

KAREN: What is your biggest fear?

DOUGRAY: There are two fears. That I won’t be able to make Aislinn happy at Dunhaven. She wants to go home and I can’t blame her. I have seen the marvels of her time. How am I to compete with such wonders? But I know the lass loves me. I see it in her eyes and the way she touches me. I only need to prove she can trust me and I will win her heart.
The other fear is knowing there is a threat at Dunhaven. I must find the culprit before he harms the woman I’ve fallen in love with. Of this I vow: I will push myself to the limit and even risk death to keep her safe.

Aislinn Hennessy pens tales of courage, loyalty, and true love, but her heroes of old are pure fantasy—figments of her imagination. She long ago gave up thinking a knight in shining armor would sweep her off her feet, but then she never expected to run him off the road either.

Sir Dougray Fitzpatrick has buried one wife and vows to never love again—but destiny has other plans for this 16th century Irish Lord. During a battle, a mist separates Dougray from his men and casts him into the future. Dougray must return to Dunhaven and to his century, but Aislinn follows him into the mist, leaving him no choice, but to take her home with him.

Conspiracies, feuds and unexpected violence are commonplace threats, but along the way, Aislinn and Dougray discover a surprise neither one expects: a chance for love even when they're Lost in the Mist of Time.

LOST IN THE MIST OF TIME IS AVAILABLE at:
Amazon Kindle

Print Book: Amazon


About the Author:
Whether your reading fancy is paranormal, historical or time travel, all my stories capture the rich array of emotions that accompany the most fabulous human phenomena of falling in love.
Website: http://www.kmnbooks.com
 

Visit the other participating authors' blogs and enjoy a chat with their characters!


7 comments:

Declan Sands said... Best Blogger Tips

Dougray's story sounds wonderful! I love time travel stories. Thanks for sharing this great interview!

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@Declan SandsYou are very welcome! So glad you stopped by to meet Dougray!

susanlodgebooks said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't think why Aisslin wants to go home with Dougray around. Loved the interview .

Jacqueline Seewald said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi, Karen,

What a clever, creative idea!
I enjoyed reading the interview.

Sloane Taylor said... Best Blogger Tips

I've haven't read a time travel story in years, but Dougray has changed my thinking. Thanks for the terrific interview!

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@Jacqueline SeewaldSo glad you enjoyed the post! :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@Sloane TaylorDougray can be very persuasive. lol