Thursday, May 2, 2013

Cowboys and Lawmen #CowboysLawmen

And the winners are... Sherry and Oncerfan! Sherry won an Ebook Copy of Storm Riders and Oncerfan won an Ebook copy of Wanted! Thanks all for hopping with us!

Welcome to the Cowboys and Lawmen Blog Hop!!

There is just something about a man in a cowboy hat and boots. They have a sense of justice and
chivalry the knights of medieval time once had. They’ll go out of their way to defend a woman or a child’s honor.

I love a good John Wayne swagger, and the cool demeanor of Bret Maverick (James Garner).

The sweet-talkin’ Luke Macahan played by Bruce Boxleitner in How the West Was Won had me dreaming about cowboys, and the mischievous smile of the outlaw Hannibal Heyes played by Pete Duel in Alias Smith and Jones was my first crush.  

Sheriff, gambler, or outlaw, my heart skitters a beat or two faster when that
man dons a cowboy hat. Don’t get started on a duster. Nathan Fillion as Malcolm Reynolds looked mighty fine in the western space drama, Firefly. Steampunk cowboys are a favorite of mine, too. The Wild, Wild West falls into the western steampunk category, and aired long before steampunk became a known genre. James T. West (Robert Conrad) was fearless and handsome in his cowboy hat. He sure knew how to fight off bad guys. Artemus Gordon (Ross Martin) was the brilliant gadgeteer and master of disguises. Gotta love them both.

Steampunk, Cowboy Hats and Gadgets

My steampunk western, Storm Riders takes place in the mining town of Bodie, located in California. The Storm Riders ride the storms for time travel. Their mission is to keep the time line flowing. There are three destines, three paths for each decision a person makes, but if one of the roads becomes tangled, a Storm Rider must step in and repair the rift before the dimensions collide. I’ve combined the western, fantasy (time travel), and historical elements for my tale. It’s how I’d imagine the wild west would look if the future stopped by for a visit. 


Available at:
Smashwords 
Amazon Kindle
Barnes and Noble NOOK



How could I not have a story with Outlaws and Sheriffs?

In my western tale, WANTED, six year-old Emma is convinced her Christmas wish and
premonition has come true when outlaw JoBeth Riley is brought into town and locked behind bars. Emma’s father, Sheriff Jace Kelly, must keep JoBeth from being broken out by the leader of the outlaw gang, who is determined to have JoBeth by his side once more.

JoBeth finds the Kellys a strange lot when forced to spend Christmas with them. The little girl believes her dreams are tales of the future and the rugged sheriff kindness proves to be a distraction. She’s an outlaw for heaven’s sake, but Jace is bound and determined to steal her heart. 

Available at:
Amazon Kindle
Barnes and Noble Nook
Smashwords
***CONTEST: 2 Winners. 2 Books. I’m giving away One Ebook Copy of WANTED and One Ebook copy of STORM RIDERS.  All you have to do is answer one/or all of the questions below, and leave your email. That’s it, and you’re entered to win! So easy! 

If you’ve already read WANTED and STORM RIDERS, you are welcome to gift the copies to someone else, or you may choose another book from my back list. 

****QUESTIONS: Do you have a favorite western book, TV show, or movie? What makes it so special? Which book would you like: Storm Riders or Wanted?

THAT'S NOT ALL as you enjoy some awesome blogs and find fantastic books, for every post you comment on with your email address, you will be entered for some amazing prizes.
***PLEASE LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO QUALIFY***
Grand Prize: At least a $100 Gift Card for Amazon or Barnes and Noble, your choice. The winner will be chosen at random from comments containing email addresses, and will be announced on May 7. This is open to both US and international readers.

Tombstone, Arizona
About the Author: 

Karen Michelle Nutt resides in California with her husband, three fascinating children, and houseful of demanding pets. Jack, her Chorkie, is her writing buddy and sits long hours with her at the computer.
When she’s not fighting demons, vampires or outlaws, she creates book covers for Western Trail Blazers and Rebecca J. Vickery Publishing. She's started Gillian's Book Covers: Judge Your Book By Its Cover with her daughter, Katrina Gillian. They offer one of a kind Pre-Made Covers.

Whether your reading fancy is paranormal, historical or time travel, all her stories capture the rich array of emotions that accompany the most fabulous human phenomena—falling in love. 

Cowboy Charm Blog Hops now has a companion FaceBook Group. If you'd like to join to receive blog hop and prize announcements here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/453991144693516/

Now hop on your virtual horse, ride like the wind and visit Cowboy Charm for the list of participants. Most of all have a rip-roaring good time! 

40 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

No one true favorite Western TV show. I enjoy The Rifleman, The Virginian, and Wild West West. I enjoy the simplicity and the richness of the life portrayed back then.

I love steampunk! And you've combined Western and steampunk! I must add Storm Riders (and Wanted) to my to get list.

Storm Riders and Wanted both have good synopsis. Decisions, decisions.

oncerfan@yahoo.com

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Howdy Oncerfan,

I'm so glad you're intrigued with Steampunk/western. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

bn100 said... Best Blogger Tips

Like Diana Palmer's Westerns. Would like to read Wanted.

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Kathleen O said... Best Blogger Tips

Wild Wild West with Robert Conrad was a fav of mine, as was Rawhide, who didn't like Rowdy Yates...aka Clint Eastwood..
And John Wayne is always my hero..

superauntkx9(at)live(dot)ca

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Bn100,

I'm not familiar with the series. I'll have to check it out. :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Kathleen O,

All good ones! Thanks for stopping by!

Angela Drake said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Karen! I'm not a huge steampunk fan yet Storm Riders sounds intriquing. The whole 'repair the rift' thing had my attention.

My favorite western would have to be the series, Big Valley. Barbara Stanwyk was as tough as they come but had a softer side and she raised her boys (as well as her daughter) right.

Blessings!
AngelaDrake(at)webname.com

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Angela,

Thanks so much for stopping by. I forgot about Big Valley. Wasn't Lee Major really cute-- and so young. lol

Tamara Hoffa said... Best Blogger Tips

I love all the old tv westerns and John Wayne movies.
sugerlady@aol.com

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@Tamara HoffaJohn Wayne was one of the best. :) Thanks for hopping with us.

Tera Shanley said... Best Blogger Tips

Favorite western book: The Christmas Brides by Linda Lael Miller. It's a two-fer with the holiday stories and I must confess, I read about those sexy cowboys even when it isn't mistletoe time.

Makes me want Wanted!

thumbalina2323(at)yahoo(dot)com

Jean MP said... Best Blogger Tips

A John Wayne fan, love all his westerns, can watch them over and over again. Course I have always been a fan of Festus from Gunsmoke too.
Would enjoy reading Wanted.
skpetal at hotmail dot com

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Tera,

I've read quite a few of Linda Lael Miller's books. I haven't read her Christmas Brides though. Sounds good. :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Jean,

I know Gunsmoke was really popular. I never watched th series. I wonder how they would be now to watch. :) Thanks so much for stopping by.

katsrus said... Best Blogger Tips

My favorite was Bonanza. Family meant everything to them. They could argue and still forgive each other. They also went out of their way for people whom needed help. I just love this show. Thanks for being part of the blog hop.
Sue B
katsrus(at)gmail(dot)com

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Sue,
I agree. I loved that family meant everything, too.

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Kirsten Arnold said... Best Blogger Tips

Karen,

I loved Luke Macahan! And your Steampunk/western sounds amazing! I'll be putting that in my TBR for sure.

Thanks for the great post!

--Kirsten Lynn

Janice Hougland said... Best Blogger Tips

Hello Karen! So glad I "met" you on this blog...and it is the best blog ever for sure 'cause it's about my fave genre for reading and movies: western (romance, intrigue, time travel). I grew up in Blythe, Calif. on a cattle ranch before the beef market went bust and my Dad went out of business. I've driven by Bodie and read about it and am fascinated by ghost towns...so it's quite a coincidence that you mention Bodie in your article today. If my name is drawn I would like the book having to do with Bodie (Storm Riders). When growing up we watched all the old TV westerns (fave was Maverick) and Randolph Scott movies with my Dad. Everything seemed so simple in those stories, no grays, hard work and honor and justice. It made for great escapes and dreams! jdh2690@gmail.com

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@Kirsten Arnold So glad Storm Riders caught your interest. :) Thanks for stopping by.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@Janice Hougland I'm so happy you found your way here and liked what you saw. lol

Bodie was such a interesting town. I would like go back there and explore again. Writing Storm Riders made me appreciate the place even more.

I love visiting ghost towns, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by. :)


Sarah J. McNeal said... Best Blogger Tips

Bret Maverick...*sigh* He was just the right mix of funny, bad boy and lawman. James Garner was tops in the part. I liked the movie Maverick where he played the daddy who is so often quoted by the 2 brothers.
I loved Wanted. great story and I have Storm Riders, but haven't been able to read it yet.
starcriter@yahoo.com

Sherry said... Best Blogger Tips

I always loved Bonanza. I loved how the Cartwright's were always on the side of justice and stood up for people that couldn't stand up for themselves.
I would be happy with either book.
sstrode at scrtc dot com

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@Sarah J. McNealI loved Maverick with Mel Gibson, James Garner and Jodi Foster. I had hoped they would make another one.

So glad you enjoyed Wanted. :) And you have Storm Riders. Thanks! If you should win, you are welcomed to re-gift the book you win, or you may choose another from my back list. :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@SherryLoved Bonanza. I watched the re-runs of this show. The Cartwrights were the best!

CBarton said... Best Blogger Tips

Wild, Wild West was my favorite tv series. My mother and I loved to watch this together. I liked the quirky humor and the cool gadgets they had.

cmucha319(at)yahoo(dot)com

emmlyjane said... Best Blogger Tips

Tombstone is on at our house no less than once a month. I give my husband a hard time while he watches, but I enjoy it immensely!

~~Emmly Jane
ej (at) emmly jane (dot) com

Chris R said... Best Blogger Tips

Wild, Wild West was the BEST show.

Got to say Storm Riders just got added to my wanted list.

jrobe 10689 at aol com

JOYE said... Best Blogger Tips

Maverick was my favorite tv show. And at the movies any show with John Wayne in it...he was the best cowboy ever.
JWIsley at aol dot com

JackieW said... Best Blogger Tips

My favorite tv show was The High Chaparral. But at that time there were a lot of good westerns on. It really is hard to pick just one.
JFWisherd(at)aol(dot)com

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@CBartonI love the cool gadgets, too. :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@emmlyjaneTombstone is played once a month at your house. lol I bet you can recite the lines from heart. :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@Chris RSo glad Storm Riders has caught your attention. :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@JOYEI loved movie Maverick with Mel Gibson as his son.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@JackieWI'm not familiar with The High Chaparral. I'll have to check it out. :)

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. :)

Shadow said... Best Blogger Tips

One of my favorite cowboy series is Diana Palmers Long Tall Texans. Love her cowboys and lawmen! Thank for sharing and being apart of this awesome hop!
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@ShadowShadow,
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your favorite series. :)

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Linda Lael Miller and Diana Palmers western books. Just love me a strong cowboy!!! Great post, Karen Michelle. Your Storm Riders sounds great!

vonnie.davis at ymail.com

susanmp said... Best Blogger Tips

I started liking cowboys after watching Bonanza with Little Joe! I love men in uniforms with cowboy hats. Wanted sounds like a great read.

susanmplatt AT Hotmail DOT com

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@Vonnie Davis ~ Romance AuthorI love a strong Cowboy hero, too. So glad Storm Riders caught your interest.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@susanmpLittle Joe was sure a cutie!! Loved his smile.