Saturday, October 20, 2012

Wicked Haut-o-ween with Bev Irwin and the Ghost Amanda

The CONTEST IS CLOSED. The winner is P.L. Parker! Congratulations!!

KAREN: Bev Irwin is a multi-published, award winning author who loves to spin a mystery. She believes in ghosts and angels, and things that go bump in night. And today those spirits are demanding she give us a sneak peek at her paranormal novel.

***CONTEST: AMANDA, the annoying ghost will choose one lucky trick or treater to win a copy of GHOSTLY JUSTICE. Read on to see how you may add this hauntingly good tale to your goodie bag.

Here is an excerpt from Bev's paranormal novel. Amanda whined and pleaded until Bev told her story. So today we introduce you to Amanda. 

GHOSTLY JUSTICE PROLOGUE 
AMANDA

After all these years, I could finally feel something. It was as if a jolt of electricity surged through me, and my heart almost began to beat again. At first, I didn’t know what caused it. I only knew an undeniable force drew me to my bedroom window. With each step, the tingle of fingernails tracking down my spine increased. The thought passed through me, maybe I should be afraid. But really, what was there to be afraid of? It couldn’t get worse. What’s worse than being dead?

I floated toward the window. Two girls were walking in front of the house. They looked about my age, maybe younger – fifteen, sixteen. I was drawn to the one with the dark curly hair. Her friend called her Daria. I reached out my hand, called her name. She looked up at the window. She sensed me. I knew it. I saw her shudder, but she kept walking.

I watched until they turned the corner at Colburn Street. Then the energy vanished and a profound sadness filled me. Even playing the piano held no joy that day.

I have to talk to her. But how? I gave up trying to contact the living years ago. It became so tiresome – appearing in front of them, touching them, talking to them, yet never being noticed.

Until now.

Every day, I watch for her. Every day, I try to make contact. Every day I plead for her to look up at my window again. Two weeks have passed now. And every day, she hurries past; her gaze focused on the street ahead. I must talk to her. Daria is the first person I’ve been able to communicate with since the day I was murdered.
********************************************************************************

***CONTEST: Questions for a chance her hear more from Amanda and Daria, her new human friend: If you were a ghost, who would you haunt? Would you be a happy Casper, or a nasty, a scary, or a whiny ghost?  Contest ends: Oct 27th at midnight!  

Another Tale by Bev Irwin:






Where is, Clayton. The sandbox is empty, the backyard is empty, the gate is open, where is Jenny’s six-year old son. Will she be able to find him in time? 

You can buy Bev's books at: Black Opal books
You can find Bev Irwin at:



12 comments:

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Bev,

Thanks so much for being here today.

I love ghost stories and ghost hunts. So if I were a ghost, I would probably haunt my family and friends just so I could prove to them it's possible. I wouldn't try to scar them, but like Casper, I probably would. lol

katsrus said... Best Blogger Tips

Sounds like a great story. I would probably be an annoying ghost and make sure my family knew I was there and I could play tricks. LOL.
Sue b
katsrus(at)gmail(dot)com

Katrina Gillian said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Bev and ghost Amanda,

I love ghost stories!!!

If I were a ghost, I would haunt my sister. She'd believe I was really there and freak out! lol

I wouldn't want to be too scary, maybe just play a few tricks. :)

Katrina Gillian said... Best Blogger Tips

OOPs-- I forgot to leave my email... so I'm haunting you again. lol

Katrina

katrinagillian@yahoo.com

Jean MP said... Best Blogger Tips

Great story, if I were a ghost would be probably be an annoying one, would haunt my family.
skpetal at hotmail dot com

Bev Irwin / Kendra James said... Best Blogger Tips

Hello all and thank you Karen for having me and Amanda here today. She's enjoying the spotlight today. Did I tell you she is a bit of a drama queen.

Bev /Kendra James

P.L. Parker said... Best Blogger Tips

I would be the lost lady looking for her lost love in a castle in Scotland. If nothing else, perhaps I could finally find out what was beneath the kilt!

Bev Irwin / Kendra James said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, P.L., I love that. I have Scottish heritage and the idea of spooking a castle sounds like so much fun.

bn100 said... Best Blogger Tips

I'd be a happy Casper.

bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

Bev Irwin / Kendra James said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks everyone who visited and thank you to the lovely Karen for having me. Hope all have a haunting good Halloween.

Bev Irwin / Kendra James said... Best Blogger Tips

The winner of the contest is P. L. Parker. Happy Haunting.
And do let us know what is under that kilt.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

@Bev Irwin / Kendra James Congratulations, P.L. Parker!!

Bev,

Thanks you so much for being a part of Wicked Haunt-o-ween!!