Monday, October 15, 2012

Wicked Haunt-o-ween with Savanna Kougar

The CONTEST is closed. Sue is the winner! Congratulations!!
KAREN: Run on the wild side with Best Selling author, Savanna Kougar. Ms. Kougar's tales of eroitc passion are for 18 yrs and older, but this post is tame and for all. So enjoy!

***Contest for 18yrs and older only: Savanna is offering one PDF copy of one of books from her backlist. The winner's choice. Read on to find out how you may add this treat to your goody bag. CONTEST ENDS ON OCT. 22ND AT MIDNIGHT 


‘Bring Your Own Wolf’ Costume Party
By Savanna Kougar

With her head pounding from a nerve-wracking day at her rotten stupid job as a bank teller... with her stomach growling and pressed against her spine because she’d skipped lunch to license her junker of a car, then pick up her Little Red Riding Hood costume for tonight’s Halloween party... Sapphyra jogged toward the entrance of the small shop that sold stuffed animals, many of them realistic looking.

That is, before Doris closed up -- only minutes away.

“Oh, hell, no.” The words burst out of Sapphyra as she glimpsed Helen’s silver Porsche parked nearby.

Anger and impending doom rattled her insides. A woman on a mission, Sapphyra rushed inside, and headed toward the back shelves where he was. Her wolf. Her beautiful stuffed Timber Wolf with the realistic face and the eyes that seemed to speak to her.

For the last two months, she’d saved every darn penny, nickel, and dime to pay for him. She’d given up Starbuck’s coffee.

Now! that super-rich, *I eat everything off a silver spoon* Helen held him under her arm. Sapphyra came to an abrupt halt, the scene unfolding before her like a horror movie. She watched as blonde-perfect-thin Helen reach inside her designer purse and took out credit card case.

She wouldn’t even give him a good home. Sapphyra knew it. Likely he’d be costume decoration for tonight’s ‘Bring Your Own Wolf’ party. Then, her wolf would be tossed aside like a used snotty tissue.
 

It was over. So over. Feeling nauseous, about to faint, Sapphyra clenched her eyelids and hoped she didn’t embarrass herself by suddenly collapsing onto the floor.

“Oh, hello, Sapphyra, I didn’t see you come in.” Helen paused. “Is something wrong?”

Managing to unglue her eyes, Sapphyra automatically smiled... after all, she was trained in customer service. Given there was a glimmer of actual concern in Helen’s  blue-as-a-mountain-lake eyes, Sapphyra offered, “Long day at the bank. I’m afraid I missed lunch. Looks like you’ll be going to the Wolfsen’s Halloween party.”

“I wouldn’t miss it.” Helen positively glowed, a woman wearing her heart on her sleeve. That much was obvious. “I have my eye on Chet. He’s a real working hunk of a cowboy, in line to take over the Wolfsen ranch... I... well, I hope to catch his eye. So far, he’s paid me no mind at all.”

“Chet is a hunk. I know he’s been uber busy running the ranch, and establishing their new buffalo herd.” Damn her soft heart! Here she was being nice to the woman who had stolen her stuffed wolf.

Sapphyra didn’t dare look at Mr. Right Wolf. Likely she’d start bawling, break down like a kid, the tears streaming down her face. Likely she’d snatch him and run.

“That’s right. You must see Chet when he comes to the bank. Oh,” Helen’s hand touched her cheek gracefully, “but I’m keeping you, aren’t I? Doris wants to close the shop. And I bet you have a good dinner waiting.” Helen beamed a smile. “See you later tonight. Midnight, the witching hour, my pretty,” she whispered like Glinda the good witch imitating the Wicked Witch of the West.

“Later.” Sapphyra forced her lips to curve in a semblance of a smile, then listened as Helen daintily clicked toward the front door.

“Sapphyra, dear, what can I do for you?” Doris approached her. “You know what, if you’re here for a party wolf, I have a couple of new ones in the backroom. Just delivered UPS today.”

In the midst of deflating like a balloon, Sapphyra straightened. She mustered up another smile, and nodded. “Love to see them. I already have a wonderful Little Red Riding costume. Now, I just need the right wolf.”

The right wolf trapped under Helen’s arm. Sapphyra scowled as Doris turned and moved toward her small storage room. At least, her beautiful wolf wasn’t caught in a trap and chewing off his foot, she thought morbidly.

“I bet you’ll look good enough to eat as Little Red Riding Hood.” Doris chuckled. “You know what. Do you remember that prediction you made for me at the school fair? Damn, if it didn’t come true last week.”
 

“How’s that?” Resigned to hearing that one more of her gypsy fortune-telling predictions had come true, Sapphyra watched Doris part the flaps of a large cardboard box. Expertly, Doris dug through the Styrofoam peanuts, not one of them escaping.

Yeah, just so sad, and too bad she couldn’t do the psychic thing for herself. Or come out of the mystic, woo-woo closet. But, her aunt was right. For the reasons she’d outlined, it remained too dangerous.

“My nephew rang to say he’d been accepted on an archeological dig in Egypt, and would be leaving immediately. He’s giving me all my sister’s furniture... just like you said. “Doris sniffled, her sadness breaking through.” Even though there wasn’t a will, I know my sis wanted me to have most of it. Now...” Doris swiped at her eyes with her sleeve.

“She did want you to have her possessions," Sapphyra commiserated. "You two were so close. Do you feel her presence?”

“I’ve had two dreams where we talk. Just like we used to. That’s good enough for me.” After giving her head a brisk shake, Doris pulled a plastic-wrapped wolf cub out of the box. “Isn’t he simply adorable?”

Son of Mr. Right Wolf, Sapphyra thought. But not her handsome timber wolf. “He is. Let me take him off your hands so you can close up.”

Minutes later, Sapphyra tucked the too-cute wolf cub under her arm, and walked rapidly toward her ex-boyfriend’s house -- a few blocks away. He’d promised to let her use his big honkin’ pickup since she didn’t trust her junker to make it out to Wolfsen ranch, some thirty-five miles out of town.

Having discovered they made better friends than lovers, she and her ex had decided to stay friends, despite the several rocky months after their breakup. With dusk falling fast, Sapphyra didn’t see Chris’s new dog, a stray he’d rescued a few weeks ago. Not until the dog’s eyes suddenly blazed through the dimming light like twin golden flames.

Sapphyra’s breath caught in her throat and her heart skipped a beat at the feral wildness she witnessed. So  far, though, the dog had been unusually friendly to her.

“Bruno,” she called softly as he politely sat close to the chain link fence surrounding Chris's backyard. Sapphyra moved toward him, offering her hand.

Bruno buried his muzzle in her palm, his wet nose a welcoming kiss. An instant later, as Sapphyra cooed to him, the idea struck full force. “You look like a wolf... why not?”

Lifting his head from her hand, Bruno slightly cocked his head. Intelligence gleamed in the depths of his eyes, and Sapphyra just couldn't resist going for it.
“Want to go to a Halloween party, handsome? “It’s “Bring Your Own Wolf” and you fit that to a T... or is that T-Bone? How about it? There’s a T-Bone steak in it for you, if you behave.”

**** 

Zovier, third prince of the Avalon realm, Istracon, remained in the deep shadow observing the approach of the woman, Sapphyra. The moment he’d caught a whiff of her feminine-luscious scent, then seen her, Zovier had wanted her fiercely.

She stirred his loins to a wicked need. No surprise to him. She was a star witch.

Zovier realized Sapphyra possessed not a clue that her lineage was from a celestial race, once stranded on Earth for half a century -- before the age of Merlin.

Finally earning Gaia's good will, the cosmic travelers had used her earthly force, along with their considerable power. In a ceremony known only to them, the high magicians opened another portal to their realm, returning home. Those of their descendants who wished to stay with their Earth families had been denied the magickal knowledge, and thus, could not traverse between the two worlds.

With a silent growl, Zovier cursed the curse he remained beneath -- the one that caused him to stay trapped in his wolf form. Being only a beast, he couldn’t return to Istracon.

To his regret, he’d made an arrogant mistake. After enraging a sorceress by refusing to be her lover, Zovier had neglected to watch his magickal back. Her spell had slipped through his defenses. 

Appearing docile, Zovier sat against the fence he could easily have jumped anytime he pleased. When Sapphyra spoke his dog name, it was music to his ears. Zovier mentally threw back his head and howled like the big bad wolf of fairytale fame.

Ever since coming to manhood in Avalon, he'd possessed a man’s weakness for the favors of a star witch. In his travels as a cursed beast, Zovier had met a few other women from the same lineage as Sapphyra. Yet, none compared to her.

Sapphyra cradled his muzzle with her hand, and he savored her sweetfire fragrances. Zovier longed to tell her she haunted his thoughts every moment of every long day. His entrapment in this dense, spiritually corrupt dimension had been nearly five years now -- according to the calendars he'd seen.

So far, he’d failed to reach the beautiful, wild-spirited Sapphyra. She’d resisted all of his attempts to mind communicate with her.

Now, the sacred energies of Samhain seemed to spin in his direction, offering what he hungered for most of all. Zovier gently touched his tongue on the delicate skin of her wrist, kissing his star witch. 


He would be her Halloween party wolf. Then, he would be her wolf. Her wolf in wolf's clothing until he could shift and be her man.
~~~~~~

Have a Magickal Shapeshifting Halloween!

Savanna




***Contest for 18yrs and older only: Savanna is offering one PDF copy of one of books from her backlist. The winner's choice. How do you enter? Answer the Question: What is your favorite costume you've ever worn for Halloween? If you never dress up. What is your favorite costume you've ever seen? CONTEST ENDS ON OCT. 22ND AT MIDNIGHT.
 

Savanna Kougar ~ Run on the Wild Side of Romance ~

savannakougar.com
shapeshifterseductions.blogspot.com
~~~
KANDY APPLE AND HER HELLHOUNDS

Blurb ~

Kandace doesn’t know why she’s a real witch. Despite her powers, she can’t find her bio parents. When the Tuxedo Twins tempt her with knowledge about her heritage at a charity event, Kandace agrees to dance with the mysterious Supernaturals. Unexpectedly, they are threatened by the omnipresent evil she’s been warned about in her dreams. To keep from being enslaved, Kandace brings forth her greater magick. But, to save her homeworld, she needs her hellhounds.

Zolivar and Zindale, two of Hades’ most mission-accomplished Hellhounds, see a witch sliding down the bannister after her heist of a painting. Spellbound, they know they’ve found just the right Kandy Apple to lick for Halloween. With every passion, Zin and Zol woo their chosen witch. Yet, will their Triad mate stay once she learns they can’t fall in love like humans? Or, will she return to her homeworld? Their very lives are at stake.
~~~

[Paranormal Erotic Romance Menage] 

Kandace and her hellhounds, Zol and Zin, invite you to read their love story ~


Available at ~ Bookstrand ~ 


What happens when two of Hades' most mission-accomplished Hellhounds find just the right witch for Halloween? ~ Ebook and In Print.
 

Hang out with Savanna Kougar at Kougar Kisses

21 comments:

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Savanna,

Thanks so much for joining us today!!

I was probably about eleven. My favorite costume was a vampire costume I wore with full make up and and vampire teeth. I won first place in a costume contest. It was a lot of fun.

Cathy said... Best Blogger Tips

Your books might be a little spicy for me, but they do sound interesting.

What is my favorite costume? I had a regency costume that my mother made.

Jean MP said... Best Blogger Tips

Really great excerpt!
Favorite costume was the clown costume my mother made me, it was a big hit with me.
skpetal at hotmail dot com

katsrus said... Best Blogger Tips

Great story. Enjoyed your excerpt too. My favorite costume I wore for the elderly residents at the assisted living I used to work. It was this bright pink dress with white pokadots and stuffing inside you looked big in in your butt and boobs. And you stuck a stuffed dog to the butt of the dress and it had a sign you held that said something like "lost dog, have you seen it?" Had old nylons that I rolled down to my ankles and black granny shoes and grey wig. The residents loved it. Made all of us laugh.
Sue B
katsrus(at)gmail(dot)com

Savanna Kougar said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Karen, thanks for having me! I always admired other kids who wore vampire costumes, especially with those teeth. But it was just too frightening for me...then.

Savanna Kougar said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Cathy, oh, a regency costume. Now that was more my style. Where I used to live a group of my friends would have these wonderful Halloween parties, and I would make a gown-type of costume... you know, live your fantasy for Halloween.

Savanna Kougar said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Jean, thanks so much. Oh gosh, I have to confess clown costumes used to scare me as much as vampires and monsters. Never figured out why, either. Although, in my childhood neighborhood clown costumes were always big hit.

Savanna Kougar said... Best Blogger Tips

Sue, that's hysterically funny. I love clever costumes like that. Any pics?

katsrus said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't have one of me but; here's the costume I wore. Hope you can see it. It was so hot to wear as I was a cook there. I almost passed out in the kitchen. And I don't how little grandmas could wear those shoes as they hurt like heck. LMAO.
http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Lost-Puppy-Humorous-Costume/dp/B0011FP5X0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350331917&sr=8-1&keywords=lost+dog+costume

Savanna Kougar said... Best Blogger Tips

Sue, omygosh, that costume is a scream! But, yeah, those shoes would have done me in. And, I'm glad you survived the kitchen heat, and made a lot of people's day brighter with a good laugh.

Nay Nay said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Savannah. Loved the excerpt. My favorite halloween costume was a One piece pajamas complete with feet. I put my hair in two pony tails. cut the back of the jammies to make it look like a drop down for diapers folded one side up and pinned it with a HUGE safety pin. I carried a raggedy ann doll and won second place at the job for best costume. The first place winner was a young woman who dressed up like a pimp complete with a stuffed sock showing the outline like it was a penis in her pants. She had her hair done in an afro and a fake mustache and beard. It was too funny.

Savanna Kougar said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Nay Nay, that's a fabtastic example of what I especially love about Halloween. The costume creativity of us humans gets me in a good spot every time.

As a little kid my fave costume was my horse pajama costume that my mom made, complete with a long flowing yarn tail, and a hood with a matching mane, and horse ears. Ah... the memories.

bn100 said... Best Blogger Tips

I liked seeing a Hershey's kiss costume.

bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

Savanna Kougar said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi bn100, absolutely, that's fun costume to see. I don't think I'd want to wear one, though.

Shadow said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi! Your book sounds great! Loved the excerpt! I cant wait to read more. Thanks for sharing! My favorite costume was when my cousins and i went as goth kids one year. We had so much fun! :D I dont know if the costume is so much my favorite or if its because this was my favorite halloween. :)
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

Savanna Kougar said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Shadow, I've had far more fun Halloweens over the years than birthdays... lol...

dusty katt said... Best Blogger Tips

My favorite costume was when I was 10 and I got to wear my mother's wedding dress. I felt so grown up.

Savanna Kougar said... Best Blogger Tips

dusty katt, that is a special and wonderful Halloween. Now there's a story idea. All of us who never married, a wedding dress costume party... hmmm...

Savanna Kougar said... Best Blogger Tips

Apologies for the late posting. Way too much going on these days.

Anyhoo and boo, my winner is Sue B
katsrus(at)gmail(dot)com. I'll send you an email with my blurbs and you can choose which one of my books you want. Congrats!

Also, if anyone else would like a PDF copy of my Christmas short story, a shapeshifter erotic romance, email me at rebelromance (at) earthlink (dot) net.

katsrus said... Best Blogger Tips

Awesome! Thank you so much,
Sue B

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats Sue!!