Friday, August 17, 2012

SANDRA DAILEY'S 100TH PAGE CHALLENGE


KAREN: Let's welcome Sandra Dailey. She's here today to share the 100th page of THE CHIEF'S PROPOSAL. Did it inspire you to pick up the book? Sandra would love to know.
SANDRA: Thanks for inviting me to your blog, Karen. As you can see by this paragraph from page 100 of The Chief’s Proposal, my heroine, Ginny Dearing, has a hard time staying out of trouble.
****************************************************************************************
100TH PAGE PARAGRAPH CHALLENGE:
             “Well, look what we’ve got here.” A tall skinny man with a mullet haircut and holey T-shirt staggered toward them. “It’s an old Indian and his little blonde squaw. We’d better circle the wagons, folks.” He giggled then added, “I don’t think you can handle this young girl, gramps. Maybe I should take her off your hands.”
**************************************************************************************** 
FAVORITE LINE
 KAREN: What is your favorite line from your book?

SANDRA: My favorite line: Ginny’s first look at Brett - Holy smoke he was huge, handsome, and had the personality of Attila the Hun.


WHO WOULD STAR IN THE CHIEF'S PROPOSAL? 
 
If I were to picture The Chief’s Proposal on the silver screen, Ginny would be played by a petite quirky blonde like Reese Witherspoon. Brett is more unique, but Dwayne Johnson’s character in The Scorpion King came real close in appearance.

KAREN: I like both actors! If the readers aren't familiar with who the actors are, feel free to click on their names for a sneak peek.
****************************************************************************************
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
 I love my character, Ginny, because she’s a lot like me; clumsy, accident prone, domestically challenged, and a human trouble-magnet. However, we always overcome our obstacles. Unlike Ginny, I’m a southern woman to the bone and live on the south side of the Florida/Georgia line with my hero/husband.
Contact SANDRA DAIILEY AT:
www.sandradailey.com
*****************************************************************************************
To Purchase The Chief’s Proposal visit these sites:
The Wild Rose Press http://bit.ly/PSiSNR
Barnes & Noble http://bit.ly/RTDJ01




20 comments:

Nancy Jardine said... Best Blogger Tips

I've got to stop wasting time and get onto more reading, Sandy! Can't wait to get onto The Chief's Proposal. I might have to sneak it up the TBR pile! Best wishes!

maeclair.net said... Best Blogger Tips

This was just entirely too delightful to resist. I just hopped over to Amazon and purchased it. Wow, I really need to stark making a dent in all the books on my Kindle. I can't wait to dive into this one! I love a plot woven around a marriage of convenience!

Debra St. John said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Ladies,

Fun post. I totally love your favorite line...and that Ginny compared the hero to Attila the Hun!

Sandra Dailey said... Best Blogger Tips

Good grief! I'm so late! I had some internet problems for a little while this morning.

Isn't Karen's blog lovely? Thanks for inviting me Karen.

Nancy, I do hope you'll read, but I know all that's going on in your life. Great to see you here.

maeclair, thank you, thank you. I hope you enjoy it.

Debra, glad you liked it. Thanks for being here.

Jannine Gallant said... Best Blogger Tips

Ginny sounds like a terrific heroine - you gotta love a woman who isn't perfect!

Sandra Dailey said... Best Blogger Tips

None of us are perfect and I don't think our characters should be. The important thing is that Ginny is perfect for Brett.

Celia Yeary said... Best Blogger Tips

What a perfect paragraph. This would make anyone want to read the book. And Karen's blog is so much fun--great idea.
Dwayne Johnson is The Rock? His name is Dwayne? Somehow, it doesn't fit....
Anyway, much good luck with your novel--The Chief Proposal sounds great!

Sandra Dailey said... Best Blogger Tips

I've always known Dewayne by that name. His dad was one of my delivery drivers in another lifetime. It feels funny to call him The Rock.
Glad you liked my paragraph and thank you.

Jannine said... Best Blogger Tips

LOL, love your favorite line. I can definitely picture a hero with the personality of Attila the Hun!!!

Great post, Sandra. :-)

Nona Raines said... Best Blogger Tips

A very fun post! I have a feeling the skinny mullet guy doesn't know what he's in for LOL!

Sandra Dailey said... Best Blogger Tips

Jannine, yes, Brett is a little intimidating...until he directs his energy elsewhere.

Nona, the scene actually has more players and they're all in for a surprise.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Sandra,

Thanks so much for being here today with us. Sorry it took me so long to come by. I'm at the day job.

"None of us are perfect and I don't think our characters should be" This is so true and you're right as long at the characters are perfect for each other tha is all that matters.

So you knew the 'Rock' before he was the Rock. I've seen him interviewed on Ellen. He seems like a really nice guy.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Celia,

I'm so glad you have fun here. :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Mae and Nancy,

My list is growing, too. If only I had more time. Sigh...

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Debra,

It's a great line, isn't it?

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Jannine,

No one's perfect...so true. I can relate better to a character who has human flaws. :)

Sandra Dailey said... Best Blogger Tips

Karen, thanks for having me here today. Despite internet problems in the AM and a power outage in the PM, it's been fun.

LisaRayns said... Best Blogger Tips

The 100th Page Paragraph Challenge is a neat idea and I loved this one. Very intriguing.

Sandra Dailey said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice to meet you Lisa! I love your blog too. Dark, sexy and a little scary.
Thanks for dropping by.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Lisa,
I'm so glad you enjoyed the post. I agree, Sandra's post has me intrigued. :)

Sandra,
I hope your Internet issues stay resolved. What did we do without our Internet connections. lol