Monday, August 13, 2012

Maripoza Cruz ROARS with Delight

KAREN: Maripoza Cruz is here today to tell us about her new shifter tale, Roar. Take it away, Maripoza.

MARIPOZA: About ROAR!
Before we left for our first camping trip to Yosemite my dad warned me about bears.  No bears raided our campsite during our trip, but they invaded my dreams and have resided in my imagination ever since.  Lorek Byrnison, the armored white bear from The Golden Compass is one of my favorite bear characters. During the final edits for Howl, I knew my next shifter story would involve bears.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/Medved_mzoo.jpg 
Fun fact:  Even weighing in at 200 to 600 pounds, Black bears can run up to 30 miles per hour.
****************************************************************************************
    
Blurb:
Focused on the bottom line, corporate paralegal Linda Underwood answers to no one. Linda’s world is torn apart when a bear shifter turns her romantic weekend rendezvous into a desperate struggle to stay alive.  Now a recently-turned shifter herself, she is determined to beat the affliction by ignoring her newly awakened beastly impulses.
After the accidental death of his wife, shifter Flynn Cromwell finds solace immersed in his computer network security work in a remote mountain cabin.  When he discovers Linda’s ravaged body near the brink of death, he’s compelled to protect her. 
Can Flynn save Linda from her own stubborn nature and defend her from a vicious shifter with a taste for her blood?
**********************************************************************************
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

 Mariposa Cruz balances writing with her work as a full time paralegal.  As a writer, she has interviewed cowboy crooners and rock divas.  She writes, works and dances salsa in Reno, Nevada.
For more about Mariposa’s musings, check out her blog: http://mariposacruz.blogspot.com/
To Purchase a copy of ROAR:
The Wild Rose Press

14 comments:

Mariposa Cruz said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Karen,
Thanks so much for having me here today. I'm looking forward to your visit to my blog on Saturday, August 18th!

Cate Masters said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on your release Mariposa! Love the premise of this. Wishing you many sales!

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Maripoza,

I'm thrilled to have you here today. You know how I love shifter stories.

I wish you the best!

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Cate,

I agree, the premise has me intrigued, too. Thanks for coming by for a sneak peek.

Lynda Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow! That blurb has me hooked!

Major congrats on your release, Mariposa. Here's to a TON of sales!

Mariposa Cruz said... Best Blogger Tips

Cate,
Bears have always intrigued me and they've been a lot of fun to write. Thanks for stopping by!

Lynda,
Sometimes it seems like the backcover is the hardest to write--glad you liked it.

Karen,
I love shifter stories too. How about those latest twists on Teen Wolf?

Katrina Gillian said... Best Blogger Tips

I love paranormal stories. I haven't read anything about a bear shifter. Sounds interesting.

My sister got me interested in Teen Wolf this year. I had to catch up on season one before tuning in for season two.

Wow, it's really good.

Cathy said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm more of a historical romance person first, but paranormal stories come in second. Your book sounds intriguing.

Teen Wolf? I haven't seen it, but it sounds good.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Teen Wolf is one of my favorite shows. It's been intense this season.
I think I'm a few episodes behind, but I like watching them back to back.
So I'll catch up soon.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Lynda,

I agree, the blurb catches your attention. Thanks for coming by for a sneak peek.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Cathy,

You have to tune into Teen Wolf. You won't be disappointed.

Katrina,
Glad you could join the team of Teen Wolf fans. :)

Mariposa Cruz said... Best Blogger Tips

Katrina,
Actually my editor at The Wild Rose Press said it was the first bear shifter story that she edited. I'm in catch up mode with the 2nd season of Teen Wolf, but I've enjoyed what I've seen so far.

Cathy,
If you like paranormal, Teen Wolf is well-worth a watch.

maeclair.net said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooh, a bear shifter? I have to admit I have an unnatural fear of bears (don't know why) so I've already got a chill factor going over this one, LOL.

Actually, the premise really rocks and I'm intrigued! I love the protective angle. Gotta look this one up!

Mariposa Cruz said... Best Blogger Tips

Maeclair,
As much as I love bears, I'm not sure I'd want to run into one in the woods (but they make great shifter characters!). Thanks for stopping by.