Monday, August 27, 2012

Bob Jordan Takes the Paragraph Challenge


KAREN: Bob, thank you so much for participating in the Paragraph Challenge. Why don't tell us a little about your story, Treasure Heart.

BOB: Treasure Heart is a true mystery / romance novel based on a real character. If you've gone through a divorce, lost someone you've loved, or looking for a new beginning in your life...this book was written for you !
KAREN: A true mystery and romance—now I'm intrigued.  Okay, are you ready? Let's read the paragraph Bob chose for us.
THE PARAGRAPH CHALLENGE... 
********************************************************************************
Jake felt like he was eight years old again and trying to fall asleep on Christmas Eve. As he tossed and turned in bed however, instead of visions of sugar plums, he imagined all sorts of things he might find hidden behind the false wall inside the old lunchroom. The treasure hunter in him was on full alert as he conjured up a variety of scenarios. Staring at the ceiling, his imagination ran wild. He envisioned a picture of himself on the front page of the newspaper with the headline, Local Handyman Finds One Million Dollars Hidden Behind A Wall!
********************************************************************************
KAREN: SO WHAT DO YOU THINK, READERS? DO YOU WANT MORE? What would you do if you found a false wall inside an old lunchroom? What would you do if you did find One Million Dollars?  

BOB's Favorite Line From Treasure Heart
**Explanation - this takes place as Jake ( main character ) is getting to know Janet ( the first lady in his life since his divorce two years ago. Jake ask Janet what she does for a living and she replies, "I teach angels."
KAREN: If your book was scripted for a movie who would you like to play your hero and heroine?
BOB: I would want Matthew McConaughey to play Jake and Anne Hathaway to play Janet.
KAREN: I like both actors. Did you catch the new Batman Movie where Anne Hathaway starred as Cat Woman? I thought she did a fantastic job!  Readers if you aren't familiar with who the actors are, just click on the names and you'll be directed to Wikepedia and the authors' bio.
Bob, again thank you for participating in the challenge. I have another book added to my To Read Pile. lol 
Bob  JordanABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Bob Jordan was born in 1949 in the midwest. He had a 'Leave It To Beaver' type of childhood. Bob's childhood friends had much to do with his decision to become a writer of books. "I shared the playground with some strange, quirky kids. As I grew older I was never able to leave them behind. Their faces, stories, and laughter hitched a ride into my adult life and have been with me ever since. I had to write about them, they left me no choice!" Bob sums things up this way, "I never grew up, I just got taller." 
You can find Bob at:
BLURB:
Sarah's deep dark secret was safe for forty years. Then one day, quite by accident, everything changed when a treasure hunter dug up a vintage key along with some spent .38 cal bullets in a field close to her home. Will the key unlock Sarah's past? What will she do when she comes face to face with the man she almost married? Will she forgive him for the crime he's accused of committing? Will she tell him... he has a daughter?
Link to purchase Treasure Heart: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008EMH496





6 comments:

maeclair.net said... Best Blogger Tips

A very intriguing look! The book sounds like a winner and the line of dialogue from Janet, “I teach angels” really blew me away.

www.thevoicebobjordan.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you for your kind words Mae! I wrote this after a recent divorce. It helped me heal inside.

Best,
Clanci

LisaRayns said... Best Blogger Tips

Well, first I would pay all my bills and go shopping if I came into that kind of money. Great paragraph!

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Clanci,

It's great that writing has helped you heal. I wish you the best success.

If I had money like that I'd pay off a few bills. :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Mae,

I loved the line 'I teach angel' too.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Lisa,

Lol-- Maybe I'll join you at shopping after I pay my bills. :)