Monday, July 30, 2012

Paragraph Challenge with Calisa Rhose

KAREN: Calisa, thank you so much for participating in the Paragraph Challenge. Why don't tell us a little about your story, Home.

CALISA: I’m so excited to be here Karen! Thank you for having me and my characters from Home, my Wild Rose Press novella. Here's a blurb:

HOME by Calisa Rhose
What could a gypsy and a Vietnam veteran have in common?
Silvertown’s outcast, Poppy Tippen, has loved football hero Sam “The Force” Callahan forever. Is his attention merely an escape from the haunting nightmares? Or does she hold the interest of the only man she’s ever truly loved?
Sam Callahan’s known Poppy his entire life, but there’s something different about her now. Can he convince her she’s the only thing he needs to put the past behind him?
 NOW FOR THE PARAGRAPH CHALLENGE...

CALISA: Here’s a never-shared scene of their first kiss. I love this whole scene leading up to and following this blip.

He pulled Poppy down beside him before he could think about his actions—or she could protest—and took her into his arms and kissed her. His eyes wouldn’t close as he ravished her mouth and held her tight. Blood red. He wrapped her tighter into his chest and focused on listening for her heartbeat, feeling her softness. She pushed against him, and his arms tightened more. He continued kissing her.

KAREN: WELL, READERS, what do think? Do you want to know more? I know I do. Steamy and romantic all rolled into one fantastic kiss!!

FAVORITE LINE FROM 'HOME'
 
KAREN: Calisa, if you had to choose, what would be your favorite line in your story?

CALISA: I don’t know if this is my favorite line of the whole book, I love so much of it, but it definitely spells what love is in my opinion.  
 "When his head lowered toward her, she let her eyes close and waited for heaven to sink to earth and find her."

WHO WOULD STAR IN HOME?:

If scripted for a movie, young Richard Gere would have to play Sam and Natalie Wood is my Poppy.

KAREN: Richard Gere is one of my favorite actors. I've had a crush on him since I was a teenager. Good choice. :)
 
BIO:
Small-town country girl Calisa Rhose has been writing since she was a teen in Oklahoma. It wasn’t until 2005, while living in California, that she realized if “they” can do it there’s no reason why she couldn’t write and get published, too. That realization began her journey into the world of publishing. After a cross-country move with her husband and their three grown daughters (plus families) back to her home state, Calisa dove into her writing. She joined RWA and the local chapter OKRWA. Since that day she has been more determined than ever to see her name in lights. She intends to nurture others and continue to grow as an author.
She’d love to hear from her readers at calisa.rhose@gmail.com and you can visit Calisa at
www.calisarhose.wordpress.com Find out about her books on the Bookshelf page.
Twitter, GoodReads and Facebook

This has been so much fun

13 comments:

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Good morning Everyone!
Calisa, thanks again for taking the challenge. I for one am intrigued!

Don't you just love Kissing scenes!

Calisa Rhose said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks again, Karen! I'm very happy to share their first kiss with your readers. :)

christine warner said... Best Blogger Tips

I really loved HOME...wonderful story!

Ally Broadfield said... Best Blogger Tips

Loved that favorite line. It's a great story.

Calisa Rhose said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Christine and Ally! It's such a special book to me. My first, and such unique characters.

Beth Trissel said... Best Blogger Tips

wow--great paragraph. yep, I want to know more.

Cathy said... Best Blogger Tips

Wonderful paragraph. I want to know more. :) Your books sounds really good.

So... Natalie Wood and Richard Gere...thanks for the visual. lol

Calisa Rhose said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Beth!

Calisa Rhose said... Best Blogger Tips

You're welcome Cathy. Thanks for stopping by!

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Cathy,

I had a big crush on Richard Gere...well maybe I still do. lol

Katrina Gillian said... Best Blogger Tips

What a great paragraph.

Love your favorite line, too.
This sounds like a great read.

Do you always picture a movie star when you're writing? Just curious. :)

Harley Brooks said... Best Blogger Tips

Late getting here, but I have to say "Home" is one of my favorite stories. The code Blood Red has such significant meaning and Calisa did a great job showing Sam's evolution from such a dark place. Loved your favorite line!

Nancy Jardine said... Best Blogger Tips

My internet's been crazy for days so I'm very late in responding. I like who you've picked to play Poppy. I can just picture her saying your lines!