Monday, April 25, 2011

Interview with Megan Grooms


Debut author, Megan Grooms is here today to tell us about her new release, Finding Samantha. Please give her a warm welcome.

**Contest: Megan is giving away one e-book copy of Finding Samantha. All you have to do is leave a comment or ask Megan a question and you'll be entered in the drawing. Please make sure to leave your email address so Megan may contact you if you should win. Good Luck!

Let's start out with you telling the readers a little about yourself:

Well my name is Megan Grooms. I grew up in a small town in Maine and moved to North Carolina about 6 years ago with my husband AJ who’s a Marine. We have four dogs and three cats. I work at an animal hospital during the day and write at night.

What inspired you to write Finding Samantha?

I’ve always loved horses and thought living on a ranch would be a great, this was my way of making that happen. I enjoy writing my characters and get so caught up in their lives it’s like I’m living it with them.

Tell the readers about Samantha. What inspired her to move to Rolling Hills Ranch? What is her first impression of Luke?

Samantha is tall, thin, has long brown hair and brown eyes. She has a dog named Zeus that is always with her and is her best friend. She was a police officer with her husband in New York City. He was killed on the job and two years later she isn’t over the death. Needing a change, she decides so go back to what she loves, horses. Rolling Hills was the first ranch to hire her. She is very attracted to Luke right way but is torn, feeling like she shouldn’t love anyone after her husband.

Tell the readers about Luke. What does he look like? What kind of man is he? What is his first impression when he meets Samantha?

Luke’s had trouble of his own in the romance department. Very worried that a woman will break his heart again, he hasn’t gone out with anyone. He wears a cowboy hat and boots. He’s tall and muscular, has black hair and blue eyes. Luke is a sweet guy. He wants to take care of those he loves. He works hard for a living and enjoys it. He cares for the horses and loves working with them. He finds Samantha attractive right away and quickly realizes that he’s willing to put himself out there again for her.

What are your current projects and works in progress?

Well, I have two short stories that are being edited for publication, first being Hestia’s Vacation the other is called Handsome Stranger. The next book for Rolling Hill is being written right now. It’s going to follow John. Each man on the ranch is going to have his own book.

What genre inspires your writing?

I read all different genres actually. I never really read romance until Cara North opened me up to a new world of books that I now love. I enjoy urban fantasy the most I think. Jacqueline Frank and Jeaniene Frost are two of my favorites and I have my own urban fantasy that I have been working on writing. I’m focusing on Rolling Hills at the moment, however.

Tell the readers where they can find you:

I am on Facebook under Megan Grooms. Twitter is @groomsbooks my website is http://groomsbooks.wordpress.com/ there you can actually read a sample of Finding Samantha and my two short stories. I’m also on Goodreads as an author and Finding Samantha has a review if anyone needs more feedback before reading the book. If anyone has any questions or comments I can be reached at groomsbooks@yahoo.com I enjoy hearing from everyone so shoot me an email.

Is there anything else you’d like to tell the readers?

I enjoyed writing Finding Samantha and I hope everyone enjoys reading it. There is nothing more inspiring to me than to hear someone talk about my book and my characters and how much they love them. I get to enjoy the Rolling Hills crew all the time with their stories in my head. Hearing other people enjoy them makes me want to write it down so that they can share in the love, laughter, and sometimes a little heartache.

Megan, thank you so much for being here today. I wish you the best with your books.


37 comments:

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Good Morning, Megan!

Thanks so much for being with us today! I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend. I spent mine with my family. How about everyone else?

Megan Grooms said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for having me Karen. I had a nice Easter. Luckily I have today off and am enjoying spending time with my husband.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

That's always nice. :)

Tanya said... Best Blogger Tips

hello there Megan i have read your book twice now and still in love with finding samantha just saying i should win lol
Tanya

Cathy said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Megan,

Your books sounds fantastic. I'd love to be entered in the contest.

I've always wondered how authors find where they're going to publishing their books. How did you find your publish house?

cnickol at verizon dot net

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Just a reminder:

Don't forget to leave your e-mail address to be entered in the contest.

Megan Grooms said... Best Blogger Tips

I acutally met some authors at book signings that were published with Tease and they suggested I put in my manuscript. I also have gone to Authors After Dark, a weekend with readers and authors, where I was able to get interviews with other publishing company's that told me to send in manuscripts.

Evangeline Carter said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Megan,

I thought your interview was really good and now I'm very intrigued as to the book itself. I know I'm your sis so I probably won't win, but wanted to leave you a comment anyway. :)

Joni said... Best Blogger Tips

My Easter was very peaceful..spent it at home with my dog and cat while my hubby and son went to MIL's where my daughter and her husband joined them. We just didn't want to have to worry about the dog not messing up MIL's house when we would not be there for a few hours. So I was chosen to stay home with her. When hubby and son returned, they brought back lots of candy (just what my butt needs) and a huge box that contained a new microwave oven. My daughter bought this for us as an early anniversary gift she couldn't wait til then to give us (anniv is in June), not knowing I rarely use our current microwave anymore anyway. I would have liked a bread machine instead, but I was still excited to get this new-wave microwave just the same since my current one is a bit rusted inside! :-) I line-edited this book of yours, so I'm a bit biased! LOL

Megan Grooms said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Tanya, Evangeline, and Joni. Thanks for coming out and leaving a comment.

Terra Pennington said... Best Blogger Tips

I had to run over and say hi as well as read about your book Finding Samantha because I love the cover. Ok I am bad about buying a book just by the cover but I have gotten better about reading excerpts first.

Sounds like a good book.

Terra

Megan Grooms said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you Terra,
I love the cover as well. Kendra Egert is the artist that made it. I hope you enjoy the book as much as you like the cover. :)

Overton-New London said... Best Blogger Tips

Megan, thanks for inviting me to read your interview and get more insight into your writing. I love the idea of Rolling Hills. You mentioned there will be a book for John - how many stories will come from Rolling Hills...or is that still 'rolling' in your head? Best of luck and happy writing. Oh btw, I'm married to a Marine, too!

Megan Grooms said... Best Blogger Tips

Right now I have some written for John and Jo. I'm thinking of one for Ma and Pop's that goes back to when they first met. I would like one for Patrick and Dan still trying to think of their stories though so right now I'll focus on the first three.

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Megan!

You already know that I loved the book and stayed up all night reading it! Can't wait for the next ones!!

Shannnon

Fairie said... Best Blogger Tips

Megan I have read a few of the excerpts of your books and have 2 down for buying..Good luck in the future and I look forward to reading your books.

Megan Grooms said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Shannon thanks for the comment.
Fairie, thanks I really hope you enjoy the book. I'm glad you were able to read the snipps. Let me know what you think after you read it.

hotcha12 said... Best Blogger Tips

HI MEGAN AND THANKS FOR TELLING US ABOUT YOUR BOOK. IT SOUNDS FANTABALOUS!!! LOL

hotcha12 said... Best Blogger Tips

WELL NOW, SINCE TANYA HAS READ IT TWICE, I'S GOTS TA READ IT TOO!! LOL

hotcha12 said... Best Blogger Tips

oops!!

linda_bass@sbcglobal.net

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Tanya,

You read Megan's book twice-- What a wonderful compliment!

Thanks for coming by and saying hi.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Cathy,

What great question.

Thanks for coming by today.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Evangeline,

What wonderful sister you are to come by and support Megan. :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Joni,

So you're one of Tease's fabulous editors. So nice of you to pop in for a visit. :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Waving to you Terra,

So nice to see you here. :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Overton-New London,

Another good question. It looks like Megan needs to start writing. :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Shannon,

Thanks for telling the reader how much you enjoyed Megan's book. So sweet of you to share it with us.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Fairie,

I've enjoyed the excerpts, too. They make you want more.

Thanks for coming by.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Waving to you hotch12,

Thanks so much for joining us today. Megan's story looks like a must have. :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Megan,

I like book series. Only problem you I never want them to end.

Are any of your characters based off of real people?

Katrina

kitkatwithnuts at verizon dot net

Harlie Reader said... Best Blogger Tips

Congratulations on your book. That is quite an accomplishment.

maw1725@gmail.com

Megan Grooms said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Katrina,
The only one based on a real 'person' is the dog. I had a dog named Zeus. He was my best friend and passed away unexpectedly. I had put him in the story before I had lost him but now I can always remember him and share how special he was with everyone.

Megan Grooms said... Best Blogger Tips

Harlie, thank you. I was very excited to get it accepted. I have a lot of different types that I write, urban fantasy, science fiction, young adult. i was surprised that my first book to be published was in romance but I'm loving meeting new people and hearing that people enjoy reading my book.

Dusty said... Best Blogger Tips

I am glad you had a great Easter Meg. Im also glad you were able to spend the time with AJ. I will hopefully read your book when i can afford too. Knowing you and having read some early unpublished high school writting of yours I know that when i can read your books they will be great. You always had a Knack for writing im glad you kept up with it.

Marj said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Megan,
It took me a while to figure out how to post a comment, but I did YAY! I of course read the unpublished version so far and am interested to read the edited version. I cannot read books on the computer though, so I am wondering when it will be out in paperback? And when do I get to read John's book? LOL! Right now I am a stand still with my book because I wrote a piece of it 7 to 8 years ago that I can't find, and I can't seem to get past this part of my book without that excerpt! I seriously have too many notebooks...which leads me to another question how do you keep track of everything? Even on my computer I have A million folders...just for the books I am writing! You don't have to answer all the questions on here, you can call me, email me, facebook me etc. Oh and I'm still waiting for your suggestions on the piece of the book I sent you! Congrats on the interview! I love you lil' sis! Marjorie Emma

Megan Grooms said... Best Blogger Tips

The winner chosen from a random name generator is Harlie. I will be emailing you a PDF copy of Finding Samantha. Hope you enjoy the book. Let me know what you think!

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Megan,

Thanks so much for spending the day with us. I wish you the very best with your books.

Congratulations, Harlie for winning the book. Enjoy!!