Monday, March 28, 2011

Interview with Debut Author Jennifer Labelle


Jennifer Labelle, author of romances with as dash of spice, is here to tell us about her debut novel, Meant to Be. The tale is sure to tug at your heart strings. Please give Jennifer a warm welcome. Feel free to leave her a comment or ask her a question. She'd love to hear from you.

Why don’t you begin by telling the readers a little about yourself.

Well, I reside in Ottawa, Ontario Canada with my husband and three beautiful children. After my third child and only daughter came along I became a stay at home mom. In my busy household I like to spend my down time engrossed in the stories that I create. I am an active reader of romance (especially historical), mystery and anything paranormal. I have an education in Addictions work and have decided to take a less stressful approach in life as I share some of my imagination with all of you.

In your new release, Meant to Be, your heroine, Jenna Baker experienced a near death experience. Without giving too much away, tell us about your heroine. How has the accident changed her life?

Jenna is a strong beautiful woman who has an amazing family and a great best friend who helps her through many tough times ahead. Starting off with a car accident, which almost results in losing her life, Jenna also has to deal with visions of an unwanted future, and has to learn how to cope with knowing what comes next in life before it actually happens. I hope readers will see that Meant To Be is ultimately a story about love, loss and new beginnings. It’s a about the triumph of family, forgiveness and an amazing love.

Tell us about husband, Tyler. What kind of man is he?

Tyler is an extremely hardworking provider. As a lawyer, he’s passionate about what he does, and loves a good argument. Jenna and Tyler have known each other since college and it was love at first sight. He loves his wife and son, but he’s torn up inside about what’s happened to her, and blames himself in a way, for saving himself and leaving her to almost die. Jenna’s recovery takes its toll while Tyler’s vulnerability gets the best of him. He’s harbouring secrets that will devastate her and as Jenna unravels the truth their life takes an unexpected journey.

What genre does your tale fall under?

Meant To Be is an erotic contemporary romance.

What do you find most rewarding about writing? What is your favorite reference book or website?

I feel very blessed to be a newly published author, and to have met so many great, established, new, and still inspiring authors on the loops and through various wonderful blogs such as this one over these last few months. Not to mention my wonderful supporters, and Meant To Be’s readers. I appreciate you all, and lately I have to say that I’ve been feeling the love with some great reviews posted and personal emails. I guess I find that the most rewarding of all. I love feedback, and it makes it all worthwhile to know someone out there loves your work as much as you do.

What are your current projects and works in progress?

I have several WIP’s, here’s a sneak peek of one of my many on the go that I soon hope to publish:

Title: Deadly Consequence

Genre: Contemporary Romance

After witnessing her mother’s murder, Holly Hewitt struggles to cope. Parentless by a very young age, the only thing she longs for is acceptance and a place to call home. She’s given up hope and is left to fend for herself, until the one person she’s afraid to trust teaches her that life is worth living, and love is worth the fight to go on.

Alexander Sinclair is a young, carefree, good-looking guy who didn’t think he was looking for anything permanent in his life, especially when it came to women. Until, Holly came into his life. The beautiful, messed up vixen has him turned inside out, and longing to be with her. She’s had a hard life, and is fighting her attraction for him, but with a little persistence he’s determined to become her very own modern day hero.

This is a book about deadly consequences and the lives left behind.

Tell the readers where they can find you:

My Website: www.jenniferlabelle.com

My Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Jennifer-Labelle/168414043184292

You can follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/1JenniferLabell

Is there anything else you’d like to tell the readers?

I’m thrilled to be here today, and appreciate the support. I am a newly published author and I can’t thank all of you enough. I hope you all enjoy Meant To Be as much as I do. I had fun creating it, and look forward to many more publications in the future.

Hugs,

To purchase your own copy of Meant To Be:

SCP: http://secretcravingspublishing.mybigcommerce.com/products/Meant-To-Be.html

BARNES & NOBLE Link:http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Meant-To-Be/Jennifer-Labelle/e/2940012645180/?itm=1&USRI=jennifer+labelle

ARe: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-meanttobe-517435-148.html

Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Meant-To-Be-ebook/dp/B004OYTSHE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AZC9TZ4UC9CFC&s=digital-text&qid=1298595348&sr=1-1

Book Strand:http://www.bookstrand.com/meant-to-be-0

Thank you, Karen!

Jennifer, thank you so much for being here today and sharing your new release with us. I wish you much success!

19 comments:

Terra Pennington said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Ms. Labelle Meant To Be" is one of the most amazing books I have read. Just beautiful.

Terra

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

I've only heard wonderful things about your book, Jennifer. Congratulations on your success!

Jennifer Labelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh Terra, I love ya! Thank you for the wonderful support. I'm so honored to have you as a fan. You'll be happy to know I'm almost done my next one. (Fingers crossed)

Jennifer Labelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you Karen. I've been having such a great experience so far, and have been blessed further by meeting such great people. I hope you enjoy Meant To be.

Pommawolf said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you for the interview and congrats! I look forward to reading "Meant to Be", and all your future books. wishing you all best for authors of good stories are the best people I ever come to meet...*S*

Sorry about that..hit the wrong button and accidently deleted the comment....*S*

Debra St. John said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Karen and Jennifer,

Congrats on your first release, Jennifer. I wish you many, many sales!

Beautiful cover, too.

Jennifer Labelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you Pommawolf. I'd love to hear what you think of Meant To be once you're through reading it. Enjoy!

Jennifer Labelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you Debra. You're very kind!

Sarah Grimm said... Best Blogger Tips

Jennifer-

Meant to Be sounds wonderful!

P.S. I liked you on Facebook and followed you on Twitter. :)

Jennifer Labelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you Sarah!

I returned the favor by following you as well.

Meant To Be has gotten several wonderful reviews and I'm so excited about it.

hotcha12 said... Best Blogger Tips

THANKS JENNY AND MANY SALES!

Autumn Jordon said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on your new release. The premise does sound interesting. I love stories about couples realizing what they have others only dream about.

Jennifer Labelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you hotcha12!

Jennifer Labelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you Autumn Jordan. Meant To Be was just rated as Best Book over at WC Reviews. There are also several posted on the publishers site. If you'd like to check them out: http://secretcravingspublishing.mybigcommerce.com/products/Meant-To-Be.html

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for being a guest on my blog.

Found you on facebook and 'liked" you. Following you on Twitter, too. :)

I wish you the best with your book!

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks everyone for coming by and saying hi! :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Jennifer,
This was from hotcha12-- she left it on the wrong post. :) Just thought you'd like to see it.

hotcha12 said...

HI JENNIFER, I FINALLY GOT IN AND I HAVE TO SAY I JUST LOVE YOUR STORY! GREAT
March 28, 2011 6:30 PM

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Jennifer, Congratulations...Interesting blog too...

lolove from Heather, Scotland...

Lance Flesher said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice interview. Congratulations on all your success from your erotic books.