Monday, January 3, 2011

Interview with Angie Skelhorn

Angie Skelhorn, author of a heart-stopping novel of attraction and self discovery is here to tell us about her new release, No Reins.

Let's start by telling us about yourself.


I am the fifth child born into a farming family located in Canada. My days are spent surrounded by close friends and family. I live my year following the Celtic calendar by practising old rites, crafts and customs.


I groom horses for local owners/trainers at harness-racing tracks in the Toronto area.


Tell us about your latest release and where is it available?

Coming on the heels of my e
-book On The Edge, is No Reins, a serious coming-of-age theme and is available at http://Clublighthousepublishing.com

Tell us about the story without giving too much away.


Love at first sight shakes Angel to her core. No doubt her lov
e is real she up and leaves her security for life at a harness-racing track. Tensions begin to rise in her new environment. Even though she is devoted to Stephen her insecurities creep in. She finds herself going in a new direction. A direction that wasn't her. She experiences a lot of dips and dives as she tries to sustain her sanity.

The times she feels pain, fear, frustration and anger Stephen comes through for her in a very big way.

Why do you write?


I hope to inspire others that the impossible is possible.

What has been the most rewardin
g aspects of being a full-time writer?

When I first submitted to agents and publishers everybody turned me down. Away from the nay sayers I kept writing and editing. I found for the hours I wrote became a heightened form of life. For that time I escaped from real life and created a world of my own. If I had struggles I'd write them out.

In the end I was ready when preparation met opportunity. Now I'm on the verge of having the life I dreamt. I am blessed to able to do what I enjoy doing immersed in country living and harness racing.


Where can you be found on the web?


You can reach me online directly via the comments section of my blog http://Witchskel.com or http://Witchskel.blogspot.com Also you can visit my writing life at http://AngieSkelhorn.com


I also can be found on Good Reads, Author Nation, Fiction Factor Form, The Witches Voice and Facebook.

Thank you for your time.

Blessings.

Thank you for being here today. I wish you the best of luck with your new release.



11 comments:

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Angie,

Thank you again for joining us today.

You told us you live your life following the Celtic Calendar by practicing old rites, crafts and customs. Would you mind sharing some of those customs with us?

desitheblonde said... Best Blogger Tips

that great and hope the book does
great and i hope you have many more books

Angie said... Best Blogger Tips

Greetings, The craft is a way of life, a way of being. There is only one Commandment - An ye harm none intentionally do as ye will. I pledge my allegiance to all that is good, to rely on others for support in the pursuit of unity, acceptance and contentment, not only on the spiritual level, but the physical as well. In my daily life my actions and words towards others are for the good of all because my personal will, positive or negative, affects others, in turn, affects self. Acceptance and moderation is the key when parting of the ways needs to occur.

On the Esbats, the Full Moon celebrations, and the Sabbats, the solar rituals with a candle wick lit I take a few minutes of silence to center myself and then invoke Divine powers to acknowledge the eternal cycle of reincarnation-birth, maturity, death, rebirth. I tap into the invisible web of energy to request guidance to transform my life or others for the better, to strengthen bonds in relationships and to say thank you for my blessings.
Brightest Blessings,

Bianca Swan said... Best Blogger Tips

Angie, your cover is lovely. He looks like a Friesan. Sounds like a novel I would want to read. Enjoyed the post, Ladies.

Cathy said... Best Blogger Tips

Angie,

Your book sounds really good. I love a good romance anytime.

Thanks for sharing your way of life, too. Very interesting. Pledging to all things that are good is wonderful. I wish more people would make such a commitment.

You said you groom horses. Do you love to ride, too? Do you own a horse of your own?

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Desitheblonde, for stopping by. Angie's book does sound like a winner, doesn't it?

Take Care.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Bianca,

I'm so glad you could stop by for a visit. Angie will have have to let you know if you're right about him looking like a Friesan. :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Cathy,

Nice to see you back here.

Happy New Year!

Angie said... Best Blogger Tips

Merry We Meet,

Bianca, I groomed a horse named Toner years ago. He was a very large black stallion. When the time came to create the book cover I described Toner to the cover artist Anna Bird. She chose the Friesan.

I like to ride but haven't in a long time. I was raised around standardbred horses. Over the years my grandfather, father and brothers have owned and trained horses. We have race horses in the barn and a few have freedom out in the fields.

Cathy, I try to do unto others as I want done to me. Those I can't find a compromise with I wish them well and walk away or I apply social nicety.

Thank you, bloggers for having me as a guest. Karen, I really enjoy your blog!

Miriam Newman said... Best Blogger Tips

Very nice article, Angie, and a way of life I could very well see myself embracing. Good luck with the book! Karen, you have a beautiful blog.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Miriam,

Thank you for stopping by. :)