Monday, December 6, 2010

Raine Delight Shares Her Holiday Tale...


Raine Delight is here today to share her latest Devon Falls tale. A real Holiday treat. Let's give her a warm welcome!


Tell the readers a little about yourself:

Raine says: Hi and thank you for letting me be here today. A little about me:

Raine Delight is a pseudonym of a self professed book lover and after one too many TSTL characters, decided to see if she could write something a little better. Well many drafts later, Devon Falls series came to together. It was originally was to be one book but somehow ended up to 4 with a 5th and 6th one being planned for sometime in 2010. I write a paranormal contemporary series for Aspen Mountain and I am also branching out to other genres as I continue to listen to the voices in my head. Check out my book pages to see what is going on with me. My muse is a male nut who likes to leave me to go sip mai tais on the beach and leave me foundering for words; though eventually he takes pity on me and gets my words flowing and characters start settling down.

Personal notes: I live with my own boytoy and two kids. I love Johnny Depp movies and enjoy hiking, reading and watching movies with my family.

You have a new Devon Falls tale for the holidays called Sticky Magic. Tell us a little about your sizzling hot Christmas story for our 18 and older crowd?

Raine says: Sticky Magic is the first book in my Devon Falls series and introduces the readers to a town full of humans and paranormals. Romance doesn’t stop at Devon Falls, but embraces the town in the unlikeliest of pairings. There are dream walkers, shifters, wizards and more who pop in the town and find their mates. I am currently writing about a fallen angel and his mate, a half-fae/half-human who find that love transcends even the hardest of hearts. I wrote this first story in one week and had it sold within a few weeks later to a now defunct publisher.

Here is the blurb for Sticky Magic:

A chance meeting at a sweet shop...Can it be love?

Jenna Stevens never expected to see the one man to make her heart spin and her body clench in repressed desire walk into her Candy Shoppe. With just one look, Marc du Bree captures her elusive heart and takes her on a journey that will either make her his for all time or have her run as fast as she can away from him! Will Jenna be able to accept Marc’s secret or will Marc lose the one woman he has been searching for? See what Christmas surprises will be in store for the residents of Devon Falls!

Buy at: Aspen Mountain Press- http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/paranormal/romance/sticky-magic/prod_297.html

Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Devon-Falls-Sticky-Magic-ebook/dp/B0030FQOUC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1291646990&sr=1-2

All Romance Ebooks: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-stickymagic-391150-142.html

What was Marc’s first impression when he met Jenna for the first time? What does Marc look like?

Raine says: Marc was a character that basically told me who and what he was within minutes. I was amazed at how clear of a picture I got of this man in my head. Marc looks a little bit like Johnny Depp in my head. Hey, I can’t help it if that is who I pattern my muse after. *grins* Here is his first impression from Sticky Magic when he meets Jenna at Candy Kisses Sweet Shoppe.


Scene Set Up:

Marc walks into Candy Kisses Sweet Shoppe for a present for his mom and finds something much more….his mate.

Marc looked down at the small sprite of a woman and felt his body tighten as he recognized the one who he had been looking for. Disbelief warred inside him as Jenna chattered on about different displays, gesturing to another case filled with candy canes stripped in an array of reds, greens, purples and the traditional flavor of peppermint. He never expected to find his mate in the small town his mother told him to go to. If it wasn’t his family pressuring him to finally find her and his mother’s prophecy, he would never have stepped foot in Devon Falls. Looks as if mum was right again in her prophecy Marc thought as he contemplated trying to make his for all time.


Tell us about Jenna and what she thought when she first met Marc. What does Jenna look like?

Raine says: Jenna is all me, have to admit. She is someone I just knew was a perfect match to Marc. Petite, shy and knows she isn’t a man magnet, Jenna is a woman who knows her limitations and doesn’t expect to have her soulmate sweep her off her feet. Well……until Marc walks into the door and then the miracle of Christmas comes to Jenna’s doorstep.

Here is a scene where Jenna first spies Marc as he walks into her candy shoppe.

Looking up, she could not believe what just walked in…tall, dark and sexy as sin! He was absolutely the most striking man she had ever laid eyes on and she felt her mouth go dry as he looked around the gaily decorated store. Tall, muscular build with jet-black hair that fell to his shoulders in soft waves that made her want to run her fingers through it, he exuded strength and a sheer animal magnetism that made her pussy sit up and take notice. Jenna could not believe how damp her panties got just watching him walk into the store.

Enlighten us about your fascinating series, Devon Falls and what to expect.

Raine says: Oh man, Devon Falls morphed into a series after book one. Readers wanted more and more of this little town and I found I had quite a fun time creating the characters who populate it. J So far there are four books currently available at Aspen Mountain Press. These are centered around a holiday and are the theme of the story. The series reads as follows:

Book 1: Sticky Magic (Christmas)
Book 2: Red Hot Magic (Valentine’s Day)

Book 3: Fiery Magic (4th of July/Independence Day)

Book 4: Haunting Magic (Halloween)

Currently I am finishing up the following for 2012:

Book 5: Moonlight & Magic (Halloween)

Book 6: Winter Fire Magic (Christmas) *note this was titled Yuletide Magic*

Then I have the final three books set on the final founding family who are elemental mages. More information can be found on my website in regards to Devon Falls and what is coming up. Http://authorrainedelight.com

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Raine says: Yep sure do. That instant connection……the way two hearts finally find one another…to me that is priceless and quite rare.

Do you have any special traditions for Christmas?

Raine says: Sure do….the kids and I spend one Saturday making cookies. We do sugar cut outs then a few new recipes like Red Velvet cookies, truffles and more. Then we watch our favorite Christmas Cartoons like Rudolph, Frosty, Grinch and more as the Christmas lights blink in background.

What are your current projects and works in progress?

Raine says: Currently I am on hold for writing due to my day job heating up with projects but come January 1st, I am finishing three books up. My current projects are as follows:

Moonlight & Magic (Devon Falls series) *Paranormal Shifter*

Winter Fire Magic (Devon Falls Series) *Paranormal/Angels/Fae*

Club Fantasy 1: Desires Unleashed (Book 1 in new paranormal bdsm trilogy) *Paranormal/Demons/Menage/BDSM*

Then I have several more in various stages that need to be finished.

Tell the readers where they can find you:

Raine says: You can find me all over the place on the ‘net.

Website: http://authorrainedelight.com

Raine’s Book Nook Blog: http://Rainedelightbooknook.blogspot.com

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Raine_Delight

Author/Reader Loop: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Author_Raine_Delight

Email me: rainedelight@yahoo.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/AuthorRaine-Delight

Where to buy my books:

Aspen Mountain Press: www.aspenmountainpress.com

Fictionwise: www.fictionwise.com

All Romance E-books (Are): www.allromanceebooks.com

Amazon Kindle: www.amazon.com

Haunting Magic Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djKViDA_AH8

Is there anything else you’d like to tell the readers?

Raine says: I love to hear from readers and please follow my blog or my facebook page. You never know when I may pop up with a contest or sneak peek.


Thank yo so much for sharing your tale with us today!

3 comments:

Debra St. John said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooh, I just love the sound of Devon Falls. It sounds so darn cozy. And a Christmas one? Even better!

Oh, and any hero that looks even a little like Johnny Depp is FINE with me!

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Debra,

I agree with you about Devon Falls. It sounds like a fascinating place.

Thanks for stopping in to say hi.

SharonJM said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Devon Falls and its residents. The fact that you have a town where all the different type of residents get along and also have the opportunity to mate is great.Can't wait until 2012 for the next.