Monday, December 20, 2010

Author, Cindy K. Green Plays Santa!


Cindy K. Green is here today to tell us about her new Christmas release, All I Want for Christmas.


Let's give her a warm welcome!


***Contest: Cindy is playing Santa today and has a present for everyone! (Read on to find out the details.)


She's also giving away one copy of her winter-themed story, Snow Kissed to one lucky person who asks her a question or leaves a comment. Please make sure to leave your e-mail so she may contact you if you should win.


Hello, Cindy. I'm so glad you could join us. Please start with telling us about yourself:


To put it short and sweet, I'm an author, teacher, maid, mother, wife and accountant. I have degrees in history and education and taught middle school up until about six years ago. Now I stay home and homeschool my two boys. I was born in California and now live in North Carolina out in the country about a ½ hour from Raleigh. I've been married for 15 years. I'm published in several genres: Inspirational, historical, contemporary, young adult and suspense. Those are also the genres I like to read. I spend my (non-existent free time) reading, watching period dramas and doing my best to keep this house one step away from becoming a disaster area. To read my more in-depth bio, stop by my Website. You can also visit me on my Blog. In addition, I have a Homeschooling Blog and a Teen Fiction Blog. I can be reached by email at cindy@cindykgreen.com. I’m on Myspace Facebook Twitter and Twitter for my YA friends. And I have a Newsletter. It just went out with a FREE Christmas e-book.

All I Want For Christmas is your new release. Without giving too much away, tell us about your tale.


All I Want for Christmas is a best friend’s romance, an office romance. My heroine, Kathryn, hates Christmas and there is a history of why behind it. She’s a magazine writer who would love to get into some serious journalism instead of writing puff pieces all the time. Her co-worker and friend, Nick, loves Christmas and decides to improve Kathryn’s Christmas spirit by sending her gifts from a Secret Santa during the 12 days before Christmas. It’s a romance, a holiday story, it’s fun and humorous and touching too. For Kathryn, she has a lot of growing to do by the end of the story.

Here is the blurb:

Best Friends or True Love? Only Santa Knows.

Kathryn Graham hates Christmas. She hates the snow, the decorations, the whole nine yards. Nick Pringle on the other hand can’t get enough of the season. He may be her best friend and fellow writer at Redburn Weekly Magazine, but sometimes his exuberance gets on her very last nerve. Now they’ve been assigned to cover the orphan toy drive story. It’s just a puff piece not the serious journalism Kathryn hopes for, but maybe—as Nick says—there are no old stories just new angles.

Nick Pringle has been in love with Kathryn practically since the day they met. When he realizes that she’s lost her Christmas spirit, he figures he’s just the guy to help her find it again. He enacts a plan to send her anonymous gifts from Secret Santa, but will any of this really make a difference in her? Will she ever see him as anything more than her smart-aleck partner even after their passionate kisses? Then again maybe he’ll get what he wants for Christmas after all.

Available at Champagne Books (JUST REDUCED TO $2.99), All Romance e-books and Amazon.

What does Kathryn Graham look like? Tell us about her. Why does Nick Pringle’s love for the holiday irk her? Is she attracted to Nick? Why?


Kathryn has dark hair and deep blue eyes. She always has a determined look about her. The reason why Nick’s holiday spirit irks her is an important revelation in the book. Let’s just say that the holidays don’t hold good memories for her. Kathryn doesn’t know she’s attracted or in love with Nick. It takes a whole lot until it becomes clear. Here is a little piece from Kathryn’s pov:

Kathryn studied Nick’s face again, his raised cheeks and straight nose, rounded just perfectly at the end. He tilted his head at her and formed his lips into a closed smile. Never had she encountered such understanding and empathy in anyone until she met Nick Pringle. He oozed kindness and warmth and yet he had a teasing kind of personality when he wanted to use it. It’s why they got along together. He was easy-going and she was wound tighter than a toy top. But he could dish out the sarcasm when necessary. It kept the friendship interesting and fresh. More than that, he made her feel safe—as if she could tell him anything.

What does Nick Pringle look like? What made him fall for Kathryn? What do you like about Nick? Would you fall for him? What you dislike about him?


Nick has hazel eyes and light brown hair. He’s always neat and well-dressed with a smile on his face and a teasing comment on his lips. I love Nick. He’s the kind of guy who’s your best friend, fun to be with, passionate, and a man you can actually live with from day to day. What don’t I like about Nick? Hmm, I don’t know. Maybe he could have been more forthcoming with his feelings to Kathryn. Of course, if that had happened the book would have been much shorter.


What is your favorite Christmas tradition?


I love decorating the house with the kids. We bake cookies and gingerbread men and watch Christmas movies too. We have a fun time together.


What do you find most rewarding about writing?


Writing has been the most rewarding when I hear back from readers. It makes me realize what an important work we are involved in.


What is your favorite reference book?


My huge book of synonyms. When I get stuck on a word it always helps me out.


What are your current projects and works in progress?


I’m always working on something. I probably have ten open book projects at the moment. Currently, I am polishing up a romantic mystery called Nora Sleuths the Detective. I am in the middle of finishing the 2nd book in my YA Faery Guardian series called Sold My Soul to a Frog and I am also writing an Inspirational Contemporary romance which takes place in the Outer Banks out here in North Carolina. It’s a reunion romance story.


In January I have a historical western, Listen to Your Heart, releasing with Champagne Books.


Tell the readers where they can find you:

My Website ~ http://www.cindykgreen.com
My Blog ~ http://cindykgreen.blogspot.com
I can be reached via email at: cindy@cindykgreen.com
Myspace ~ http://www.myspace.com/cindykgreen
Facebook ~ http://www.facebook.com/people/Cindy-K-Green/100000476558635
Twitter ~ http://twitter.com/#!/cindykgreen
Newsletter ~ newsletters@cindykgreen.com


Is there anything else you’d like to tell the readers?


****I’m giving away a FREE Christmas e-book called A Christmas Prelude. Email me at cindy@cindykgreen.com for your copy.



Blurb of Snow Kissed:


Today is one of those days Logan Riley wished he'd stayed in bed. Not only does he have to deal with the annoying Winter Wonderland Carnival but his close friend, that whimsical lover of snow, Holly Armstrong, is leaving town forever. The question is, why didn't she tell him and why today, of all days, does he realize she might be more than a friend?

Holly can no longer stay in town knowing the man she loves only sees her as a friend. It's time to move on. Besides, she has other career prospects.

As the carnival unfolds, watch God work in amazing ways. Can He change Holly's mind and make her stay? Can He help Logan see beyond the friendship? Only time can tell.

Available at White Rose Publishing, Amazon and All Romance e-books.

15 comments:

Cindy K. Green said... Best Blogger Tips

Morning Karen,
Thanks for having me today and allowing me to share my Christmas book with your readers.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Hello Cindy,

I'm so glad you could come by and share your Christmas stories with us. I love the holiday tales and have been watching the Christmas stories on the Hallmark channel. :)

What's your favorite Christmas movie?

whitley gray said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Cindy.
Your books look great. I love friend romances!
Glad to discover a new author to read.
Happy Holidays,
Whitley

Mona Risk said... Best Blogger Tips

Cindy, you are such a buzy bee working on so many projects. When do you find the time to relax? I bet it's when you are at your keyboard throwing your hero and heroine toward each other and then pulling them back.

Cindy K. Green said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Michelle,
Oooh, I love Christmas movies too and I've been watching Hallmark and Family Channel all month. :) One of my favs to watch this time of year is While you Were Sleeping with my sisters.

Hi Whitley,
Nice to meet you. Best friend romances and reunion romances are my favorite.

Cindy K. Green said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Mona,
Thanks for coming by. Me and relax? ;)Hmm I am going to try this week. I don't have anything else scheduled, my Christmas shopping is done and gifts are wrapped. Just planning to bake this week and watch movies with my kids.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

I love While You Were Sleeping. My husband and I watch this movie while we wrap presents. :)

Cindy K. Green said... Best Blogger Tips

I watch all the 'Friends' holiday episodes while wrapping presents. It's become my personal tradition every year.

Cathy said... Best Blogger Tips

I enjoy Christmas stories, too.

Sappy Hallmark movies are number one on my list. lol

Enjoyed the interview. Cindy, your books sound like what I love to read.

cnickol at verizon dot net

Moonsanity said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Christmas stories too, except if they make me cry...okay, I still like them even then:)

Your story sounds wonderful Cindy!

I think Rudolph is still my favorite Christmas show.

Ciara Gold said... Best Blogger Tips

You sound a lot like me. I have four stories going on at the same time. I don't think I could handle ten though. Loved your post. I've been lapping up the Christmas stories and movies this season.

Maggie Toussaint said... Best Blogger Tips

Blogger ate my first comment. I'll try again!

Great interview, Karen and Cindy. I enjoyed being able to visualize the hero and heroine, Cindy.

I'm in awe of your energy and accomplishments. Way to go!

Jacki C. said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the idea of "All I Want For Christmas" and can't wait to get a copy of it.

P.L. Parker said... Best Blogger Tips

This sounds like a good one. I love romances, all types.

Cindy K. Green said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for all the comments yesterday. I had to leave for a bit when my mother came over and we went to my son's band concert.

The winner of a copy of Snow Kissed is Mona. Thanks everyone! Merry Christmas!!