Monday, October 11, 2010

Interview with Raine Delight


Raine Delight is here today to share with us her scorching hot heroes and heroines of Devon Falls. Let's give her a warm welcome.


***Contest: One contest winner will win a Fall goodie pack that includes candle (scent to be determined), promo goodies and more. All you need to do is leave a comment or ask a question. Good Luck!



Tell us about your Devon Falls Series and the town you created were “fate and love collide with paranormal creatures.” The series sounds fascinating.


Raine says: Hi Karen, first let me thank you for letting me be here today with you. It’s a pleasure.


Oh man Devon Falls is a labor of love. I t combines my vivid imagination plus my experiences in growing up in a small town where everyone knew your business (or thought they did lol) and certain jobs I had. I just added a touch of paranormal to a seemingly charming town. *grins*


In the beginning it was to be two stories until readers kept clamoring for more. Now I have 4 books available centered around three of the four founding families and am working on two more plus the final arc about the last founding family, the Cravens, who are elemental mages. So a total of 10 books in all. Will be keeping me busy till 2012 I think. lol


How many stories are there so far in the series? Do we need to read them in order or are they stand alone tales? If you don’t mind, could you list the books in order for us?


Raine says: Each book is a stand alone but do allude to things that have happened in previous books. The reading order is:

1) Sticky Magic (Christmas)

2) Red Hot Magic (Valentine’s Day)

3) Fiery Magic (4th of July Holiday)

4) Haunting Magic (Halloween/Samhain)

5) Moonlight & Magic (Valentine’s Day 2011-release date TBA)

6) Yuletide Magic (Release date TBA)


Tells us about the new release in the Devon Falls Series without giving away too much. Leave us panting… hmm…anxious for more.


Raine says: Moonlight & Magic features a were-tiger who is alone in the world after being forced out of his pride and roamed the world. Never anticipating that fate would have a mate for him, he was resigned to being alone forever. He goes to visit his friend Damien Dracon in Devon Falls and meets Dixie, a woman who stirs his tiger and finds his mate. Just one teeny problem….Dixie is not into the whole “Happily Ever After” after a bad romance and thinks Michael is just a love’em and leave’em guy. Can Michael convince Dixie that she can trust in him forever?


Here is the blurb:

Can a were-tiger convince one stubborn woman that she is his for all time and show her that falling in love is just as sinful as a chocolate kiss?

Blurb:

Dixie Sinclair has watched her cousins all fall in love and now she wants the same. Dared to go to the annual Masquerade ball, Dixie finds the one thing she desires: love…one problem…can she trust that it will last after that one night?

Michael Barnes is a rare white were-tiger who was thrown out of his pride long ago for a trumped up crime, Michael roams the world searching for the one place to call home. Finding that peace in Devon Falls, he finds the one woman who stirs him like no other. Can he convince Dixie that she can trust in him forever?

How do you keep track of your characters and all that goes on in Devon Falls? What inspired you to write the series?


Raine says: I had to finally create a bible after giving a main character different eye. *sigh* It grew so big and I was adding to the town that I needed to have all my paperwork in one place. I have a word doc and a file folder next to the desk in case I need to add anything to it.


Inspiration of the series came after I brainstormed with an author friend and within one week I had the first book written and sold. J Nowadays I am struggling to find time to write as real life likes to keep me busy. J


What do you find most rewarding about writing?


Raine says: Creating something a reader will like (or so I hope anyways lol).

What are your current projects and works in progress?

Raine says: Oh man I have a ton of projects either in one stage or another. Right now I am working on four projects.

1) Falling to Pieces (My first Romantic Comedy Paranormal non-erotic story). Sold to the Wild Horse Press.

2) Unleashed Passion (Vampire BDSM Short Novella) Getting ready to submit to a publisher

3) Club Fantasy 1: Desires Unleashed (BDSM Paranormal Ménage)

4) Space Pirates: Bounty (Sci-fi/Futuristic Ménage short novella) Getting ready to submit to publisher

Tell the readers where they can find you:

Website: http:authorrainedelight.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/AuthorRaine-Delight

Twitter: Raine_Delight

Blog: http://rainedelightbooknook.blogspot.com

Is there anything else you’d like to tell the readers?


Raine says: Check out my website and blog for new information on books, contests and guest authors on my blog.

Thanks for having me here today. I enjoyed myself.


PG Excerpt

Devon Falls: Haunting Magic

Book 4 in series but can be read as a stand alone

Now available at Aspen Mountain Press

Buy here- http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/paranormal/romance/haunting-magic/prod_112.html

Paranormal/Shifter Erotic Romance

Can a werewolf find a way to tame his mate or will she turn the tables on him and tame him?

Rodrick Dracon is the twin heir to the Dragon Inn. When he finds himself longing for a mate after being footloose and fancy free, he finds himself drawn to the most obnoxious, brassy woman he has ever met: Jaxon Sinclair. She is the one woman who doesn't melt when he goes by or hangs on his every word. She is just aggravating and down right sexy as sin! Soon the sparks fly, passion goes into boiling and Halloween approaches. Can a wolf shifter get this woman to heel before the full moon? Or can Jax turn the tables on this ladies man and tame the wolf?

Excerpt:

Jax had no idea how long she stood there with her pulse racing until a gentle cough made her jump out of her skin. She turned and saw Jenna on the steps of the Inn, a smug look on her face like she knew what had just happened. Jax tried to ease the ache that seemed to center on her pussy with deep breaths.

“You certainly know how to make an evening more…let me say…entertaining,” Jenna said and smiled. “You look a little flushed. Not coming down with a cold are you? You seem to have a little dinner date with the local stud master. Don’t want to disappoint him, right Jax?”

Jax felt her body tense as the truth hit her. She had agreed to a dinner date and, if that wasn’t enough, she had kissed the damn man. She groaned in embarrassment. Oh my god, what the hell did I just do?

Jenna collapsed laughing on the steps.

“Don’t tell me the whole place heard us?” Jax said. All she needed was the gossip to fly that she was making a move on Rodrick.

“Jax, the whole town heard you. You both were yelling at each other like there wasn’t anyone else around. It was priceless. I have never seen you lost for words like that before.”

Jenna leaned over and squeezed her cousin’s arm. “Unless people were paying attention, all they saw were you guys talking, then him kissing you…senselessly. I was amazed this place didn’t catch on fire with at so many sparks flying between you. You had him so hot and bothered he’s walking around with a bulge in his jeans.” Jenna shook her head and reached over to lead Jax to the side of the building. “Come on, it’s not that bad.”

Jax looked at her favorite cousin and wanted to smack her. Didn’t she get that this was a really bad idea? Just because her hormones flared whenever Rod was around, that doesn’t mean there was anything between them.

“Not that bad? Do you have any idea what I was just goaded into? Dinner at my house with the resident lothario of Devon Falls! My god, Jenna, he has a different woman every freaking night. What makes me so different that he has to prove something to me?” With her head down, Jax tried to still the roiling in her stomach, though she didn’t know if it was with fear, desire, anger, or a combination of them all. She remembered the way it felt to be against his chest and the way she melted at his unexpected kiss.



12 comments:

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Good Morning, Raine. Thank you so much for coming by and sharing your fantastic series with us. I love those book covers, too.

Terra Pennington said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Raine books and the covers are just awesome. Thank you Karen for telling us about Rain at LRC.

Tpen89@charter.net

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Terra,

I'm glad you come by to say hi. Raine's Devon Falls is a place you'll want to visit. :)

Cathy M said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh I love these two together. Haunting Magic is one of my favorite stories, and the scene right before this excerpt is priceless. You are going to totally love their chemistry and Raine's trademark humor and dialogue.

caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Raine Delight said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for having me Karen. Love the blog.

Hi Terra and Cathie..thanks for the kind words Cathie. :) I appreciate the readers response to this series and frankly, there is something about Rod in Haunting Magic that has readers going "MORE!" lol.

Raine

Jennifer Mathis said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the excerpt and the covers are just yummy


meandi09@yahoo.com

Debra St. John said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Raine,

I definitely need to immerse myself in Devon Falls. Your series sounds like just my kind of read. (Thanks for posting the order so I can start from the beginning!)

debrastjohn08@yahoo.com

Margaret Tanner said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice blog.Great cover. Devon Falls sounds like an interesting place to live.

Cathy said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Raine,

What an interesting series. I like the idea of a paranormal town.

Looks like there's a few books to read before I catch up.

Thanks for sharing.

Mariposa Cruz said... Best Blogger Tips

Raine,
Sounds like an amazing series. Reality is much better with a paranormal twist!

Karen,

The Shifter Tour logo looks awesome!

P.L. Parker said... Best Blogger Tips

Excerpts are great and the covers are wonderful.

jellybelly82158 said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the great excerpts and I love the covers. These are going in my must read list