Monday, July 26, 2010

Interview with Mary Alice Pritchard


Mary Alice Pritchard is here today tell us about her fascinating Cat Series. If you love shapeshifters, you'll fall in love with her hunky heroes and feisty heroines. Find out what Mary's favorite reference book is. It's quite chilling.


***Contest: Anyone who leaves a comment on the blog will be entered to win a book package of several books.


Why don’t you start with telling us a little about yourself? What genre do you write and why? I’m a nurse and a writer. I love reading, writing and spending time with my muses (cats). I also like to garden and travel. My favorite genres to write are paranormal and romantic suspense. I usually write them together. I just love shapeshifters and mysteries.


Leopard Dreams is the second book in your Cat Series. What is the first book?

Jaguar Nights is the first book in the series.


How many books do you have planned for the series and what big cat is next on your list? I have one more planned, but if the readers want more….


Do we need to read the books in order or are they stand alone stories? It would help to read them in order, but they are stand alone as well.

Tell us about Zack, your hero in Leopard Dreams. He’s a were-jaguar who believes he’s found his true mate in Kristen, who happens to be a were-leopard. How does he know? Is it by sight? Smell? His heart beating faster? Give us the back story on how a were recognizes his true mate. Zack is first enforcer of the king. He longs for a mate and when he finds Kristen, he knows she is his mate. He feels the tug in his soul. A were knows by a drawing they feel to their mate.

Tell us about your heroine, Kristen. What is her first impression of Zack? Does she realize Zack is her true mate?

Kristen is a were-leopard. She has been through hell at the hands of another were-jaguar as a young adult and is scared of Zack while at the same time, she is attracted to him. She realizes that he is her true mate but fights it.


Do you use pictures to help inspire you when you write?

Sometimes I will pick out a picture of a hunk to inspire me on my descriptions of the men, but not as much as a lot of writers who use what we call, hunk boards. J


What is your favorite reference book and why?

Oh that is a hard one. I love books of every kind. I have one called The Serial Killer Files by Harold Schechter that I love reading through. I love writing suspense and pretty much every book I write has some in it.


What are your current projects and works in progress?

I’m writing a series of erotica books. The first one is about a young woman being stalked. She has to rely on her next door neighbor and his friends to keep her safe.



Tell the readers where they can find you: My web site is: www.maryalicepritchard.com my blog is: www.maryalicepritchard.com/blog

Is there anything else you’d like to tell the readers?

I hope

you will read my books and let me know how you feel about them. What did you like and what did you not like as much. I want to write what you want to read. J

Blurb Leopard Dreams: Zack, a weirjaguar and first to the king of the southern pride, knows he has found his mate, but is she part of the experiments the humans are performing on the weir. How can he pursue their mating until he knows she is innocent. Will he have to fight his best friend and the king over her?

Kiersten is a weirleopard searching for her brother. She refuses to acknowledge Zack as her mate. She doesn't want a mate and especially not a jaguar. Will she learn to trust Zack or will she run to escape her past?

Excerpt: The minute Kristen stepped through the trees with her clothes in her arms, she screamed at Zack. Then she ran for the house, intent on locking him out. He seemed to know what she planned to do because he was there holding the door when she tried to jerk it open.

“I’m not letting you shut me out, Kristen, so get used to it.”

“I don’t have to get used to anything. There is nothing between us.”

“Our cats have other ideas, little leopard.”

“Don’t call me that. I hate it.”

She stormed into the house when he finally let her open the door. She couldn’t slam it in his face, but she could damn well slam her bedroom door and she did. It didn’t give her any satisfaction when he just opened it and leaned against the doorway as if nothing was wrong.

“I like the sound of it. It fits you though I would have thought you a tiger by the way you act.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“You’re feisty and turn on someone faster than a leopard would. I think that’s what intrigues me more than anything. How fast you go from curiosity to full-out rage and back to a cool calm. I never know what to expect and it’s exciting as hell to wait and see what you’ll throw at me.”

She couldn’t think of a retort. He caught her off guard. Legs shaking, she ran her hands through her sweaty hair. After looking once more at him, she resigned herself to sharing the bathtub again. He’d just join her once she got in anyway.

“I need a bath. Since I know you’ll ignore me if I tell you to keep out, make yourself useful and run the water.

Mary's blog site is www.maryalicepritchard.com/blog/

Anyone who leaves a comment her blog will be entered to win a book package of several books.

16 comments:

Judy said... Best Blogger Tips

I enjoyed reading your interview. I love finding little tidbits about the authors I read or new authors to me. I love paranormal and mysteries also and when they are put together that is a double bonus!! Your book looks like a great read!!

Judy(magnolias_1@msn.com)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Mary,

I wanted to thank you again for sharing your wonderful shifter books with us. I can't wait to read them.

So if you could be a shifter and could choose the animal you could shift into, what would it be and why?

Kari Thomas said... Best Blogger Tips

WOW, Mary, these are definitely MY kind of books! I LOVE shifters---especially the cats! And your Covers are great too!

Wishing you great sales!

Hugs, Kari Thomas, www.authorkari.com

LORETTA CANTON said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't read any of your books but I love shifters story and I will.

lorettaC
lbcanton@verizon.net

Cathy M said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Mary,

I love getting to know new authors, and shifters are my favorite paranormal reads, especially the big cat. Thanks for the excerpt, you definitely peaked my interest, and I will be sure to check out Jaguar Nights.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Mary Alice Pritchard said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Judy, I hope you will try it out.

Mary Alice Pritchard said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Judy, I hope you will try it out.

Mary Alice Pritchard said... Best Blogger Tips

Let me know if you read them what you think, Kari!

jellybelly82158 said... Best Blogger Tips

I really enjoyed the interview. These books sound great. I love cat shifters. Will have to get my hands on these.

jellybelly82158 at gmail.com

Donna B said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooh, I love it! Sounds great! I love shifter stories! (I have one coming out myself in October...)

These really sound like a wonderful series. I will definitely have to get me some!

stacey said... Best Blogger Tips

adding both of them to my list of books to get.
I just love shifter books
sasluvbooks(at)yahoo.com

catslady said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, these books sound like they're right up my alley - cat shifter!! I've just been getting into this genre and really enjoying it and finding new authors!

catslady5(at)aol.com

Dream World said... Best Blogger Tips

Very Nice Blog
Visit My Online Natural Photo Site::::
Online Natural Photo

Mary Alice Pritchard said... Best Blogger Tips

THanks everyone. I hope you will enjoy them. I would love to hear back from you on what you think. MY blog is www.maryalicepritchard.com. Share your thoughts with me.

Mary Alice Pritchard said... Best Blogger Tips

Woohoo!!! Jelly Belly You are my lucky winner Congratulations!

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Congratulations, Jelly Belly!