Monday, May 10, 2010

Interview with Alison Chambers


Let's welcome Alison Chambers. Where danger is foreplay in her seductive action packed thrillers.


*Contest: Win your own pdf copy of Alison's new release. Details below.


Tell us a little about yourself:

I've been in marketing and PR all my life and was part owner of a large association management firm handling national medical associations. I majored in political science and history in college (which always find their way into my stories) and have always loved mystery and thriller stories and of course, romantic suspense.


What inspired you to write your first

book?



I wrote my first book when I was eighteen. At that time, I was inspired by Nancy Drew stories where the girl is the hero and solves the crime. That was a first for me. I'd never read a story like that before where the girl was a hero and I loved that.

I loved Nancy Drew, too. Wonderful books.



The Secret Sentinel has me intrigued. Secret society, treasure maps and cryptic rhymes send the hero and heroine on an adventure of a lifetime. What’s your secret to writing an action packed thriller?


Tell an important story that people can care about. Give your characters problems so readers can identify with them and keep the action coming. As the story progresses, make the situations worse for the characters instead of better. I've read a lot of books on how to write and they've really helped me. Keep thinking 'what if' and have fun writing. Make it into the kind of story you'd enjoy reading yourself.


Tell us about your heroine, Savannah Rutledge. Is your heroine anything like you?

Yes, I always put a little of myself into the stories. That's half the fun! Savannah is shy i

n the beginning, but learns how to be strong in the end. Remember the movie 'Romancing the Stone'? The same kind of thing happens to Savannah.

Tell us a little about the sexy stranger, Antonio Desada. What does he look like? It’s okay to make us drool. lol


Think Zorro, tall, dark and mysterious and just a bit dangerous, with a shadowy stubble of a beard, a dashing smile and a body hard as granite.

Love Zorro. I have Antonio Banderas in mind. :)


How do Savannah and Antonio end up together on this quest?


Savannah steals her father's treasure map she has been warned not to touch (kind of like Pandora) and as a result, her father is killed. Then two people are poisoned at a museum costume party she has planned and she is framed for their murder. Antonio shows up dressed as Zorro and together they flee the police and search for the treasure.


Can you share a little of your current work in progress with us?


I just finished "Preying for Survival", a story about two reality TV stars who are complete opposites (he's wild, she's not). They battle out their differences in the jungles of Belize hunting for Montezuma's gold with a murderer in their midst.

Define success for yourself?


Love and happiness with just enough money to be comfortable doing something creative you love--like writing.

Tell the readers where they can find you:

www.alisonchambersromance.com


Is there anything else you’d like to tell the readers?


If you're an aspiring writer, keep going no matter what, get a good education, and never stop reading and learning. And to all the readers out there and I am one, keep searching for the books you love, sit back and enjoy. It's one pleasure you can indulge in without feeling guilty!


If you can't wait to see if you're the lucky winner of the contest, you can own your own copy of Alison Chambers' new release right now.

www.thewildrosepress.com www.amazon.com


***Contest: I bet you’re wondering how to enter the drawing. It’s simple. All you have to do is leave a comment or ask a question. Alison Chambers will be giving one lucky winner a pdf copy of her new release. Good Luck!


The Secret Sentinel Blurb


Three lost keys to untold riches. Three cryptic rhymes. A secret society's deadly plot.When museum curator Savannah Rutledge steals her father's treasure map to impress her boss, Winston Gale, and his handsome son Eric, she unleashes a Pandora's box of horror. Her father is killed and she is framed for murder. To atone for her father's death, she sets off on a cross-country chase for the treasure that ends with a dangerous showdown in the Superstition Mountains near Phoenix. To get there she and a sexy stranger, Antonio Desada, follow a perplexing trail of clues that lead them to the keys that will unlock the mystery. Constantly moving, they must elude the police and the vicious Gales, hot on their trail once they realize they're missing a critical part of the map. Seductive and mysterious, Desada also provides the keys to a treasure of another kind. Will Savannah find the treasure—and love--before it's too late?


The Secret Sentinel Excerpt


"Do not keep anything from me. Something tells me you are. Still protecting your father?"


"Right, and when did you get your psychology degree?" She got to her feet and stalked off, combing every room of the second floor, bravely opening closed doors, for the moment unafraid of what she would find.

Desada had touched a nerve, accusing her of holding back, and she didn't like it. Not because he said it, but because she believed it herself.

Had she buried something her father had told her in her subconscious? Was she intentionally sabotaging the effort out of cowardice or fear?

The rooms she searched were empty except for cobwebs, lizards, and a few pieces of crumbling furniture--rocking chairs, a threadbare sofa, a urine-stained mattress, discarded beer bottles.

She felt Desada's brooding presence looming behind her. "Don't go off like that again. Wait for me."

"A lot of help you'd be. Probably let me take the first bullet."

"You know that's not true."

"How do I know that? You’re only using me to get what you want!"

He grabbed her arm. "Listen, if we're going to continue in this together, we need to set a few rules. Rule one, no emotions. Absolutely none. That's one thing we don't need. We need cold detachment. We need to survive, Savannah. Don't you understand what we're up against here? We've got death facing us around every corner. We can't afford to--"

"I don't need you dictating to me. That's one thing I don't need. Do you understand? That's not going to guarantee my allegiance to you. What we need is a little equality, a little fifty-fifty deal. Besides, you're the one who keeps trying to kiss me."

11 comments:

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said... Best Blogger Tips

I love your definition of what is successful for your life! I too strive for happiness over money etc... but sometimes I find myself wanting those flashy expensive things!

Thank you for the chance to win your latest title.

Miranda ~ SweetVernal Zephyr

Sandra Koehler said... Best Blogger Tips

It is tempting to want all those expensive things and sometimes I do get them--on sale! But I also find that writing about them in my books can be a lot of fun too!

Sandra Koehler said... Best Blogger Tips

PS, my pen name is Alison Chambers

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Alison and your secret agent name: Sandra. lol

Thanks so much for being here today with us. Tell us about your Avatar. Who designed it?

Sandra Koehler said... Best Blogger Tips

My boyfriend did. He stylized a pic of me he took in Door County, WI. He's a great photographer and movie-maker. He made the video on my website too. Alison

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

It's very cool. What a fun way to post your author picture.

Mary Ricksen said... Best Blogger Tips

I think I discovered the key!
We all read Nancy Drew mysteries as younguns! Great blog.I don't want expensive flashy things. I just want security. I wouldn't mind a copy of your book too!!!(grin)
Good luck!

Debra St. John said... Best Blogger Tips

Great excerpt and great advice for aspiring writers.

I am a big Nancy Drew fan! I totally wanted to be her. I devoured her books as a kid and will still pick up one from time to time even now

jellybelly82158 said... Best Blogger Tips

This was a great interview and review of your book. I would love to win a copy of it.

jellybelly82158 at gmail dot com

Sandra Koehler said... Best Blogger Tips

Mary Ricksen, you are the winner of my e-book "The Secret Sentinel". Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it! Alison Chambers

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Congratulations Mary!

Thank you again, Alison for sharing your story with us.

Take Care,