Monday, March 29, 2010

Interview with Tracy L. Ranson



Passion and desire...across time, Let's welcome erotica author, Tracy L. Ranson. She's here today to tell us about her tantalizing romances. Don't be shy, ask her those questions you've been dying to know.


Tell us a little about yourself (where are you from, why do write, do you use a pen name, etc)


Now that’s a loaded question!...LOL… I live in Northern Kentucky right across the river from Cincinnati, Ohio just to give you a landmark. I’ve pretty much lived here all my life, having lived my current city for the past two years. For as long as I can remember, I’ve always wanted to be a writer. My mother would try to tell us bedtime stories but I would always interrupt her and tell her what the ending was. LOL….she could never finish a story. I think she knew then I’d be a writer .


You write erotica romance. Did you find it difficult to write those steamy love scenes? Did family or friends ask you how you come up with the torrid love scenes? Did you worry what they would think when they read your books? I really don’t have a problem writing the love scenes at all. Friends will all ask me on occasion about the love scenes and how I come up with them. I always tell them I have a sexy hunk of a husband who is a good sport about it all (that’s the truth!). To be honest, I don’t really care what people think when they read my books. What I want them to walk away with is a great story and some ideas of how to spice up their own sex lives. I’ve gotten numerous e-mails from different men and women telling me how my books helped their sex lives and marriages. That’s what is important to me, not what people think of me personally.


Why historical romances? Do you have certain time period you like best? Why? I’ve always been a fan of history and have always enjoyed reading them. My favorite time period would have to be medieval….I think I lived in Scotland in a past life…LOL…all kidding aside, it has to be one of my favorites. There’s nothing as sexy as a strong alpha male. That’s why I married one!


Tell us a little about Desire’s Promise without give too much away. Why does Isabeau of Artenzia want to punish Kendrick, Duke of Kent? What did he do? Isabeau doesn’t appreciate the unwanted attention from the sexy illegitimate son of William the Longshanks. After leading her men into a victorious battle, she captures Kendrick with the intent of punishing him and making him understand he can never have her. Unfortunately, when she lands in Kendrick’s hands, her slow seduction isn’t forgotten. He has plans of his own.


Desire’s Promises is a prequel to The Warlord’s Woman, now that both books are available, would you recommend the readers to pick up Desire’s Promises first? The way I’ve written them, you can read them in any order.


Will this be a series? I have not decided yet. I’m thinking of bringing their descendants forward a few centuries and see what happens. It’s definitely been on my mind.



You’ve also written a time travel romance, Pirate’s of the Mist. It’s about an old legend. Is this a true legend or simply a legend for the story? If so, how did you come up with the idea? The legend is pure fiction. I actually came up with the idea after watching the 70’s movie, THE FOG. I always wondered about time travel and the mist seemed like a perfect vehicle for the time travel transport.


Do you have a favorite book on writing? If so, which one and why? Do you have a favorite research site? I’ve got so many, it’s hard to narrow it down to just one. The same thing goes for research sites.


What are your current projects and works in progress? I’ve got quite a few! Currently, I’m developing a screenplay as well as the next installment in my Bloodborn series. There’s also a book I’m working on underneath a secret pen name. In addition, I’m making notes on another pirate novel (a popular request from readers)


Tell the readers where they can find you:

Most of my books are in print and can be found at the following locations.


www.tracylranson.com


www.sirenbookstrand.com


www.thedarkcastlelords.com


www.vrpublishing.com.


www.amazon.com


www.bn.com




4 comments:

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you, Tracy for being here today. Very interesting. I'd like to say I also love your website. Very romantic.

Debra St. John said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Karen and Tracy,

Nice interview, ladies. Your time travel novel sounds interesting...I love that you created a legned to base the story on.

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

I liked how Tracy created the legend, too. Drew me to the book right away.

Margaret Tanner said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Tracy and Karen,
Very interesting blog. I enjoyed reading it.

regards

Margaret