Sunday, January 3, 2010

Interview with Pamela Hearon Jan. 4th

Pamela Hearon is here to tell us about her magical tale about King Arthur and her upcoming release with The Wild Rose Press. Let's give her a warm welcome.


Hello Pamela. Tell the readers a little about yourself. Do you use a pen name?

I should confess right here at the beginning that I believe in magic. Since childhood, my favorite stories have been those that go beyond what can be explained and plunge me into the world of the inexplicable. But now I don’t just enjoy the magical stories of others; now I create my own. And through the years, I’ve grown to understand that magic doesn’t limit itself to a stone releasing a sword. It also encompasses a woman’s heart opening to love.

Because nothing could be more magical than a flower growing from a seed or a comet’s tail stretching across the sky, I enjoy gardening by day and star gazing by night.


A Southern girl by birth, I now live in the Midwest with my husband, my real-life hero who captivates me with his own special magic.

Like many other writers, I tend to be on the shy side. I use a pseudonym because I find the anonymity frees me from my inhibitions and allows me to “dance like
no one is watching.”

This tale was a Reviewer’s Oct. Top Pick at PNR Paranormal Romance!

In The Timestone Key, you write about King Arthur. How did you combine the legend of the past with your story to make a fresh and exiting new adventure?

I love the stories of the Knights of the Round Table, but it always bothered me that the Fellowship was torn apart by betrayal, with no hope of a happy ending. The heroine of The Timestone Key is a present-day woman, Halley Winsted, whose family holds a mysterious legacy linked to the Arthurian legends. Fulfilling her part of the legacy sends Halley on an adventure choreographed by Merlin himself. I’ve added my own twists to justify the actions of the characters, righting the wrongs in an effort to restore the fellowship and Arthur to their true glory.

I do love a happy ending. I’m all for a few twist and turns to achieve it.

Is The Timestone Key a stand-alone story or will this be part of a series?

The Timestone Key is a stand-alone story, but I have plans for at least one more book (okay, maybe two more books) that will continue the story of the family legacy.

In His Hotness, Jade Bartholomew develops a rating scale to help her find the man of her dreams. Tell us a little about the story.

Jade has been working on her one-hundred point scale for the past ten years, convinced it’s going to provide her with an objective means to find the man of her dreams. Over the years, her values have matured and the scale has changed. Mind-blowing sex has lost its top-priority position, replaced now by honesty. When she meets Kai Malone, he soars to the top of her scale. But scales have been known to lie. And so have men.

What are your current projects and works in progress?

I’ve recently finished the second book of a four-book, contemporary romance, single title series. The main characters are all from the same small town in western Kentucky, with cameo appearances of secondary characters across the story lines, creating a sense of community.

Tell the readers where they can find you:
I would love for them to stop by my website: http://www.pamelahearon.com/ or friend me on FaceBook.

Is there anything else you’d like to tell the readers?
The Timestone Key
is available now at: http://www.lyricalpress.com/the_timestone_key

His Hotness will be available March 12 at: http://www.thewildrosepress.com/

THE TIMESTONE KEY (Blurb)
Can a modern heart entwined with an ancient mystery prevail against a terrifying future?

When she was three, Halley Winsted was given a mysterious family legacy and told to follow her heart. But now that she’s thirty-three, love and commitment don’t come easy, even in the arms of sexy Tom Rutledge. A trip to England seems the perfect chance to sort out her feelings, and to indulge her obsession with the Arthurian legends.

But the legends are true. Arthur is alive in Avalon, teetering on the brink of madness, unable to fulfill his role in mankind’s terrifying future. Can the legacy Halley bears heal Arthur’s mind in time? Can she trust her heart to lead her to her destiny?

Content warning: This book contains sensual descriptions of consummated love scenes. Not for those under 18 years of age.

His Hotness (Blurb)
Jade Bartholomew spent ten years perfecting her 100-point scale that will determine the ideal man for her — His Hotness. Although reality has her re-evaluating some of her dreams, she refuses to give up on two: financial independence and the existence of His Hotness.

Kai Malone lives the American dream. From a middle-class upbringing, he has reached the pinnacle of success as the CEO of a software company, which is about to sell for millions. But success has a downside that brings out Kai’s greatest faults: he’s too honest, gives too much of himself, and is too indulgent with the women in his life. He has to change; Techtron’s sale may depend on it.

Jade and Kai meet when she shanks a golf ball into his most vulnerable spot. Not the ideal way to start a relationship — but no one ever said attaining the title His Hotness would be easy.

15 comments:

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Pamela,

Thank you for coming by today and sharing your wonderful tales with us!

susan said... Best Blogger Tips

I enjoyed your interview and sorry I am a day late. I was sick in bed yesterday and never even turned on my computer. Hope you best of luck with all you do and write. susan L.

Pamela Hearon said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for having me, Karen! Susan, sorry to hear you're sick, but I'm glad you joined us today. Your warm wishes warm my heart:-)

Rebecca Rose said... Best Blogger Tips

Magic is such a wonderful thing and with it all things are possible.
I enjoyed you interview and congrats on the releases.

Becc

Pamela Hearon said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree, Becc. Magic is so much fun to write because the only limits are your imagination. Just think it and it can be:-)
Glad you stopped by today!

Pamela

Carol North said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Pamela and Karen:

Thought -provoking interview. Shhh...I believe in magic too. And both your books, Pamela, sound magical.

Mary Ricksen said... Best Blogger Tips

Just saw this, great interview Karen and Pam.
Immerse me in the magic, gotta buy this book. Arthur saved??

Pamela Hearon said... Best Blogger Tips

Carol,
I've tried answering this twice from my new phone (with no luck!). I need to learn more about this new kind of magic:-)

The reviews have liked my take on the Arthurian legend, which was the part I worried about the most. It also was challenging, but that made it fun!
Thanks for stopping by!

Pamela

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

I know, Pamela's story has me intrigued, too!

Pamela Hearon said... Best Blogger Tips

Mary,
We can't let a fabulous hero lke Arthur remain lost to us, right;-) I'd love to hear your reaction to my "twist" on the legend!

Glad you liked the interview and thanks for visiting with us today!

Pamela

P.L. Parker said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the realm of fantasy and magic. So many twists and turns and so many avenues to open up. Enjoyed the post.

Pamela Hearon said... Best Blogger Tips

Karen,
Thank you for your kind hospitality. I enjoyed being here today!

Pamela

Pamela Hearon said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks P.L. Glad you stopped in!

Pamela

Sarah Simas said... Best Blogger Tips

HI Pamela and Karen!

Very nice to meet you, Pamela! Your books sound very interesting. I wouldn't mind a little magic. To be able to snap my fingers and have the laundry folded and the kitchen clean. . .awesome!

Best wishes for tons of success in 2010!

Pamela Hearon said... Best Blogger Tips

Sarah,
If you can get that kind of magic from a book, I'll be the first to buy it! LOL!

Best wishes to you as well! Thanks for stopping in:-)

Pamela