Monday, January 25, 2010

Blog Tour with Teresa D'Amario!


By Teresa D'Amario
EBook:AllRomanceEbooks
Amazon.com
KINDLE

Once the victim of scientific experimentation by the Government Control of Supernatural Activities (GSA), Damon doesn't have a past, and he isn't sure he has a future. He doesn't even know if his ability to change from human to wolf is a virus, or magick. But the instant he lays eyes on the pretty cop from the local police force, he knows he has to learn the secrets of his past before they destroy her future.

Krystal is the best animal cop on the police force, hiding magickal talent beneath layers of excuses and quick thinking. For five years she's tracked Peter Burke, a butcher who steals any form of canine to supplement his dietary needs. The day she saves a wolf from losing his head at the sharp end of an axe, her entire life changes. And then there is Damon, the mysterious, sexy ex-soldier with no memory of his past who awakens fantasies of dark and sensual nights.

But the GSA isn't finished with Damon, and when the shadowy government agency joins forces with Burke, Krystal too finds her life in jeopardy, the target of men and women led by their own desires. Damon and Krystal must work together to stop evil and destroy years of illegal research.

Hi Everyone! Thanks for being here, and Thanks so much, Karen, for letting me hang out at your blog. For those who don't know, Karen has some awesome shapeshifter books herself, and some Time Travel! Make sure you check them out.

For those just joining us, for my blog tour, I'm creating something very special. A free read. And you get to help! Each blog posting will be a new scene or chapter of the book titled above, He's no Faery Prince. Previous chapters can be found on my FREEBIE READS page of my blog. Then, at the end of my post for today, you'll see some questions. They are designed to make life easier for me (or much more fun, at least) because the answers to those questions will determine the course of the story. Also, if you happen to think of something really awesome to add, not addressed by my questions, feel free to throw that in there too. I'll be sure to take a look at it.

Only TWO more days of blogging after today. Hard to believe our story is coming to an end. Six full weeks of blogging. And to those of you who've stuck with it all the way through, THANK YOU. :D

Now, back to our story!

"He wants me to find Tamed," Sasha said to the Queen of Fae. "But I can't leave him like this."

The woman shook herself, and it was as though a cloak of royalty shook itself from the top of her head to her toes. "I will stay with my son. Go. Bring Tamed. He can help."

Sasha nodded and ran out of the cell. The only problem was, she didn't know what Tamed looked like. Creatures of all sorts stared at her from behind their bars. Wolves, Lions and Tigers. All shifters. There was even what had to be a dwarf, his short, bulky body covered in soot. She ignored her instincts and continued on, though when the wolf howled, she cringed. Where was the missing Fae? The last cell contained a man. He had his back to her, his head in his hands.

"Tamed?" she queried.

He spun around to see her. Bright green eyes, greener than the deepest emerald stared back at her. Long pointed ears rose to almost his eyebrows, which were nothing more than a sharp slash of brown on his pale face.

"What do you want?" he shot back, aggression in ever word.

"I'm here with Ted. He sent me to get you." She looked at the cell door and wondered if she could break it with her shifter's strength. It looked pretty strong, and she knew some of the animals contained down the hall were shifters, too. If they couldn't get out, she probably couldn't get in. "Do you have any idea where the key is?"

He shook his head. "If I did, I'd be out of here by now. Where's the prince?"

"He's down the hall." she examined the lock more closely. Shit. She really needed the key.

"Not Ted, Secora."

"Oh, that prince," she said, knowing her voice sounded distracted. That's because it was. She scanned the next cell. "He's dead. I killed him."

Tamed ran to the bars. "You killed him? You killed the second in succession to the crown?"

She shrugged. "He shouldn't have stabbed Ted."

Before he could ask another question, a light exploded beside her. Colors spun like the inside of a tornado, yet there was no wind. Tiny glimmers of gold hypnotized her as she watched. When the light faded, a man stood in it's place. He was tall, like all the Fae, but he certainly didn't dress like anything she'd seen before. He wore skin tight leathers, all the way down to his ankles. 80's revisited, she'd guess. His dark tank Tee snaked along every muscle, as though it owned his body. She tracked upward, meeting his face. Dark blue and furious eyes glared back at her.

"Who are you and why are you holding Tamed prisoner?"

She leapt back, and snarled. She didn't have time to play twenty questions.

"She's not, Your Majesty," said Tamed, who dropped to a bow.

Your Majesty? You know, meeting the parents wasn't supposed to be a lesson in murder and death. Sasha arched a brow and studied the man. Ancient wisdom shown in otherwise young looking eyes. His dark, shoulder length hair brushing past him as though there was a breeze. There wasn't. It was all an illusion. Power rolled off him, tingling over her flesh.

"I'm waiting for an explanation." The King of the Fae gave her an imperious stare, but she gave one in return.

His words snapped her out of her reverie. "And I don't have time for all these questions. Ted sent me to rescue Tamed, but I can't get the door open. Ted is down the hall, with his mother, and in pain. Maybe dying. So either help me, somehow, or get out of my way."

"And Secora?" The anger in the king's face told her he knew of Secora's demise. If she told him what happened, would he kill her now? Or would he let her live long enough to say goodbye to Ted?

She glanced at Tamed, who's head remained bowed. Shit. He was leaving this all to her. "Look, we can talk later," she said, motioning with a frustrated arm. "And I need to get Tamed down there, with your third son. You know, Micholaisan? Ted's Mother, your wife, said Tamed could help. So please, help me save your son."

The King studied her a moment longer before waving his fingers over the lock. Tiny, golden grains of dust flitted from his fingertips, falling on the door. The lock clicked and the door swung open. Tamed didn't move.

"Let's go, Tamed," she said, frustrated. "The King can kill me later, but right now, we have to save Ted!"

She saw Tamed sneak a glance toward the King who gave a regal nod. In a flash the man was up and out of the cell, charging down the hall, leaving her with Ted's father.

"And my other son? Secora?"

The voice was soft, though it held a threat of menace.

She swallowed the hard lump in her throat. "I'll tell you, but you must promise me one thing."

"No, I do not. I make no deals," he stated.

Shit. "Look, all I ask is you let me say goodbye to Ted before you kill me." She peeked up at him from beneath her lashes. He seemed to be considering her offer.

"Done," he said at last.

She took in a steadying breath. "Secora tried to kill Ted, and I shifted, and, well, he's dead."

I'm going to ask you two questions, since we've already addressed all the others.

How does Ted's father react to Secora's death?

How does Tamed save Ted?

So give it to me folks - all those wonderful ideas of where this goes next.

Now for prizes:

  • Grand Prize: A $50 gift card at the online bookstore of your choice to be announced at the end of the entire blog tour.

  • Unadvertised prizes will be given on random days. You won’t know when, but I’ll choose them and post on the blog in question once you have won!


There are two ways to enter:

  1. Leave a response on each blog I’m visiting — one entry for every blog you comment on during my blog tour. Multiple comments a day do not get you additional entries for the small giveaway, but will for the larger one.

  2. Email me at desertpetiri@aol.com with a copy of the receipt for the purchase of any Teresa D’Amario book, so long as it was purchased after 15 December. Older receipts do not count, though I’d love to know you’ve read one of the books. Five entries for every receipt. If you prefer not to share receipts, simply email me and so long as I’m satisfied, I will provide you with the credits.


So follow along, ladies and gentlemen, to help me write a short story, and to enter for the prizes!

Again, the entire blog schedule is found on my blog in the calendar, which will include links to each blog participating!

The next stop on the blog tour is with ShapeShifter Romance On Wed, 27 January, 2010.








9 comments:

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Teresa,

I'm so thrilled to have you here today! Lone Wolf was a fantastic read with non-stop action and with a tantalizing romance. Paranormal readers won't want to miss this one.

I'm enjoying your blog tour, too. What a creative way to include the readers in bringing the tale alive. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Teresa D'Amario said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Karen, thanks so much. :) We're almost done! Only 2 more blogs to go! Hoping we can wrap up most of it wed, and then have some sweet love at the end. :D

INCiDeNT said... Best Blogger Tips

How does Ted's father react to Secora's death? - I'm shooting for acceptance, even gladness. Secora was causing too much of a riot with his devolving into a twisted mind.

How does Tamed save Ted? - He could possess a healing touch which could also explain why he doesn't seem to have any injuries from his captors.

Rebecca J Vickery said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Teresa and Karen,
I'm also enjoying the blog tour. Love these Wolf tales.

Teresa D'Amario said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey INCiDeNT, Hmm, that would make things so easy, wouldn't it? LOL BTW, check out the last blog comments. You might get a surprise

Rebecca, thanks for stopping in. :) it's awesome to see you here, and thank you so much.

Sarah Simas said... Best Blogger Tips

HI Teresa and Karen!

Stunning excerpt! What a fun contest, too!

I will definitely have to check out your series, Teresa. I have a fondness for wolfie romances as well. Nothing like a hero with some bite. :)

INCiDeNT said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Teresa, I could come up with something a little more complex if you like. :) I was going for the wrap it up approach, but it does seem a little too easy . . .

I checked. You should have seen me go all wide eyed from the shock. Thanks much! I will be emailing you shortly with my info. ;)

Teresa D'Amario said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Sarah,

thanks for dropping in! Feel free to add any comments you like. :)

INCiDeNT, I was just teasing you, that's just fine. Not far from what I was thinking. We do have to wrap up soon, so I think that's great. :D And you are welcome. :)

Beth Caudill said... Best Blogger Tips

Hmmm, King's reaction....Well he could do something to prevent her from changing into the wolf since that is what killed his son. We never said the Fae were fair. Even if the guy was out of control.

BTW, is the wolf in captivity someone Sasha knows?

Now saving Ted - how about Tamed can give a kiss that regenerates life into someone (or takes it depending on his mood). The fae have to be sexual creatures and a little guy on guy is good to read. ;)