Monday, December 7, 2009

Interview With Tory Richards


She may be a grandmother and proud owner of three crazy cats, but it doesn't stop her from writing torrid romances that sizzle the pages. Let's give a warm welcome to Tory Richards.

*Tory is giving away one pdf e-book copy of Wicked Desires to a randomly drawn reader who leaves a comment. So be sure to say hi. She'll name the winner on her blog on Saturday the 12th? I'll also post the winner on the KMN blog Spot, too. Good luck!
Link to Tory Richards' Blog


Tell us a little about the author. (Bio, tidbits, likes, dislikes. You use two pen names, why did you choose to do so?)

I'm a mother, daughter, sister, aunt and grandmother. I loved fairytales growing up, especially where the princess always met her prince charming. I've been published since 2005, and was a closet writer for many years. Writing was private to me and I didn't share it with anyone, it was therapy. Don't worry, I'm normal...now! LOL When I decided to write romances that leaned toward the erotic side I thought it best to come up with a pen name. Like a lot of authors out there, I work a full time job. You know, the one that pays the bills :) Using a pen name also allows me a little more freedom.

Tell us about The Cowboy Way. How much research about life on a ranch went into story?

The Cowboy Way is the stormy romance between a rancher's daughter and his foreman. Complicating their lives is arson, murder, and an escaped convict out for revenge. His target...the rancher's daughter.

*18yrs and older--Buy The Cowboy Way

Research? Anything I needed to know about horses and ranch life I asked my niece because she worked on a ranch for a few years. Does that count?

Sure it counts. Your niece gave you valuable information to add depth to your story. How nice to have someone you can call up and ask. Makes research easier.

Who was the cover artist?
Molly Courtright. I love her work! She also designed the cover to The Senator's Daughter for me.

I enjoyed your book video of Wicked Desire—quite enticing. Please share a tidbit about the book with the readers. *You can view this book video on her website.

Thank you! I was very pleased with how it came out. Wicked Desire is a romance between a small town sheriff in Maine, and a woman running away from her stalker ex-husband.

Blurb - Maggie Myers returns home to rebuild her life and to escape her stalking ex-husband. To local small town sheriff Matt Dillon she’s more trouble than he needs. But the lady has enough sass and curves to tempt a saint. Well, he never claimed to be a saint, and Maggie is about to find out she’s been teasing the wrong man.

*18 years and older Buy Wicked Desire

You have a new book coming soon to the Wild Rose Press, can you tell us a little about what to expect? Will this tale be a spicy romance?

Is it going to be spicy? Yes! It's a romantic suspense where the heroine discovers one of her patients dead in her office, and the sexy detective who isn’t afraid to break the rules to protect her. All the Right Moves is going to be published under the Crimson Line.

Do you have a release date yet?
No, but I'm thinking it has to be sometime in 2010.

What do you find most rewarding about writing?
Making new friends and just sharing my stories with anyone who wants to read them. The book covers. I enjoy seeing my characters come to life. I also like the editing part.

What are your current projects and works in progress?
Well, I just submitted a holiday romance titled The Promise. And I also finished my first short story, called Talk Dirty to Me. Waiting to hear back from publishers on those two. Next I plan on writing another short romance. I have a lot of projects started so any one of them could become the next book I focus on.

Tell the readers where they can find you:

Most of the time at home in my old rocker recliner with a laptop on my lap, or, at any of the following websites.

Tory Richards Website http://www.toryrichards.com/
Romance with an Attitude Blog
Manic Readers
Myspace
Coffee Time Romance
Book Place

Crime Space
Author Island

Is there anything else you’d like to tell the readers?
I love to hear from readers, especially after you've read one of my books. We receive book reviews from professional sites but it really means a lot to any author when a reader lets us know if they enjoyed our story.

I also have a monthly newsletter if you'd care to join. The join my yahoo group link can be found on my blog and website.

You can find my books at: Fiction Wise, All Romance eBooks, Amazon, Barnes and Nobles and the publisher’s websites.

If you’d like to add an excerpt, blurb, or video link, you may do so (pg 13 please)

Here's an excerpt for The Cowboy Way. Enjoy!

“Lacey, go back to the house!” someone yelled out.

Frightened horses were running everywhere as they charged out of the stable in fear. Loud sirens could be heard from approaching fire trucks. The area was filled with men who worked for her father and some from nearby ranches. They had water hoses in their hands and worked diligently to keep the fire from spreading to the other barns.

Lacey dodged several screaming horses as she searched frantically for her father. Knowing him, he would be in the thick of things. She wasn’t consciously aware of placing herself in danger just by being there. Her heart was racing with fear as she tried to recognize the faces covered with soot and grime. She made her way toward the burning building.

“Dad!” She thought she recognized him.

An unbearable heat enveloped the area around her. Amid the sounds of terrified horses and hollering men, the night was filled with the sound of crackling wood as the stable succumbed to the raging fire. Soon the structure was falling to the ground, collapsing in several sections.

“Lacey, get the hell out of here!”

This time she registered the command, and her eyes searched out the voice, finding Brian at the other end of it. His clothes were dirty and covered with soot. His face was smudged with the stuff. Sweat from the intense heat ran rivers down his face and Lacey saw him wipe at his eyes.

“Where’s my dad?” she screamed above the noise, beginning to make her way toward him. The loud splintering sound that followed indicated another section of the barn was about to come down. She ran toward Brian.

“Lacey! Get back!”

It was at that moment that Lacey realized the wall was falling on top of her. She let out a terrified scream and switched directions. Only it was too late. Pieces of smoldering wood were already floating down about her. Brian reached her just as the wall collapsed. Lacey felt herself shoved out of the way with a force that promised broken bones were she to collide with anything solid.

Chase caught her in his arms and whipped her out of the way. She grunted in pain, and the force of his actions sent them stumbling and rolling into the dirt. At the same time Lacey was helplessly aware that the wall had crashed to the ground, pinning Brian beneath it.

21 comments:

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

Due to unforeseen complications, the Interview needed to be re-loaded. Here are the previous responses. Thank you for your patience.


Karen Michelle Nutt said...

Thank you, Tory for coming by today and sharing your new and upcoming releases.
December 7, 2009 12:20 AM


Jane said...

Hi Tory,
I've also enjoyed the trailer of "Wicked Desires." I can't wait to read an excerpt of "All the Right Moves."


December 7, 2009 2:43 AM
Emma Lai said...

Congrats, Tory! I have to ask...wasn't Marshall Dillon on an old Western? :)


December 7, 2009 10:05 AM
Mary Ricksen said...

Hey Tory, great excerpt you hooked me. Gotta have this story! Sounds just wonderful!
Three kitties Awwwww, you are lucky to have them.

Tory Richards said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Karen,

Thanks so much for giving me this wonderful opportunity. You have a beautiful blog.

Tory

Tory Richards said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Jane,

Glad you enjoyed the book trailer of Wicked Desire. Did you get a chance to view the one of It's All in the Jeans?

Once I have a release date for All the Right Moves I'll be glad to post a teaser:)

Tory

Tory Richards said... Best Blogger Tips

That's right Emma! Matt Dillion was played by James Arness for like, 20 years! Remember Miss Kitty?

Tory

Tory Richards said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Mary, yes, I'm very lucky to have my babies. I was always a dog person and they're my first furry pets. Now I know what I've been missing all these years!

After you read The Cowboy Way I'd love to hear back from you.

Tory

Virginia C said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi, Tory! Your books and stories are getting better and better! There's smokin' hot romance, intriguing story lines and characters that really involve the reader. Congratualtions!

gcwhiskas at aol dot com

Donna B said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow - nice excerpt!

P.L. Parker said... Best Blogger Tips

Great excerpt. Have to check it out.

mel said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on all your success ~ Can't wait to see what you come out with next!

s7anna said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Tory,
I loved The Cowboy Way & It's All in the Jeans...looking forward to reading Wicked Desires.

Happy Holidays
Anna Shah Hoque
s7anna@yahoo.ca

booklover0226 said... Best Blogger Tips

I enjoyed the interview and the excerpt. I look forward in reading it.

Thanks,
Tracey D

Tory Richards said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the compliment, Virginia! And for stopping by to leave a comment. Which book did you enjoy the best?

Tory

Tory Richards said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Donna:)Glad you enjoyed it.

Tory

Tory Richards said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi P.L. Parker! Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment. Glad you enjoyed the excerpt.

Tory

Tory Richards said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Mel! Right now I'm waiting to hear back from publishers on two stories. A full length and a short erotic romance. Keep your fingers crossed for me:)

Tory

Tory Richards said... Best Blogger Tips

Reviews don't get better than that, Anna, thanks so much! It really makes my day. I hope you enjoy Wicked Desire just as much. Be sure and let me know.

Tory

Tory Richards said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Tracey, glad you could make it and thanks for leaving a comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview and excerpt.

Tory

Carol North said... Best Blogger Tips

Karen and Tory:
Good interview. I now know Tory almost as well as my best friend. Takes courage for a grandmother to write erotica. Have you revealed your pen name to your family?

Tory Richards said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Carol! Thanks for stopping by. Yes, my family knows my pen name. They fully support me, even if they blush when they read my stuff:)

Karen Michelle Nutt said... Best Blogger Tips

The Winner of Wicked Desires is...
Donna B.

Congratulations!

Thank you Tory for sharing your tales with us!

Tory Richards said... Best Blogger Tips

You have a beautiful blog Karen and I had a great time here. Look forward to hearing from Donna.

Tootles everyone!
Tory